COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
When will I learn that the ads on the side bars on FaceBook don't speak the truth? Last week there was one for senior citizens. It was a 'club' for coupons for discounts at many of the same stores where I shop. You sign up and they send you a card (like a credit card) that you show when you shop, and you get discounts on your purchase. So I went to their site and started to sign up. It was supposed to be $2.99 to initiate the membership, so you had to give your credit card. I got to the credit card entry page and after I filled out the info it came back that it wasn't accepted. I tried again, thinking maybe I typed the card number incorrectly, but no, not accepted. I said oh well, and went out and about my business. Next time I looked at my email there was one from the credit card company asking if I made a purchase for $73.50 for some sort of discount travel something or other. I called the credit card company and explained that wasn't my purchase and we agreed the card should be cancelled. I've been checking my account online and no more charges have been made. In the meantime, that coupon company has sent me two emails asking if I still wanted to complete my application for the coupons. So now I'm waiting for a new credit card to be mailed to me. I think I'm going to 'un-follow' everyone on FB and quit looking at it. Those darned side bar ads are too easy to fall for.

But on the bright side, at the beginning of last week I filled out and sent in (electronically) my income tax return form. And this a.m. when I checked my bank account, I have received both the federal and the state tax returns in my account. That only took a week. That's never happened to me in all the years I've been filing a tax return. Probably because my income hasn't changed in years and the amount of my return is exactly the same every year.

(Can you tell I'm bored this morning?)
Scammers are ruining everything that was nice and convenient these days... it’s just ridiculous?

awesome news on the taxes... I haven’t taken mine in yet?... did get daughters done though.. She’s going to get back almost $400 which has her ecstatic:)))

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well the elusive mistletoe is down... I have never taken the time to consider how it attached and grew from a host... pretty neat really.. the berries are a little disappointing.. it looks like many have already been harvested (birds and squirrels get everything here) and many are yet to come... pickings were slim for what actually is..
@Maro2Bear

83CA4B5E-1C9F-4255-9756-3AF9C7B9AA2D.jpeg956BD8B3-4904-400A-B1EA-E07511ACDF80.jpegD89AD4FE-C324-4B27-96F2-BB4B6C96109D.jpeg228B8CDA-2814-4EAE-A1E1-81A33D5E7918.jpeg0B352182-13BA-4D54-A5D4-D70943A3EF28.jpeg

Bee62

Germany
Sabine...My favorite song is by Leon Russell and I think it's called HighWire (I'm up on a high wire one sides ice and one is fire' I'm up on a tightrope one side is hate one is hope'. I think it is within your range be nice...:) if you could master it...
Sorry to hear about the fatal shooting in the hooka bars in...oh hell I forgot the city, I think it's outside of Frankfurt...
Thank you Maggie. The shooter was a fanatical idiot with a gun and a hater of foreign people in Germany.
Leon Russell ? I`ve never heard of him. Now I`ve heard the song. it is called "Tight Rope". It is very special. I don`t know if I can do that....:rolleyes:

Bee62

Germany
Just back from a morning on the water. Sunny, cold & bright and windier than expected. Wind direction & speed are key elements. Luckily, mostly from the West.....

Two quick pix. Heading out along the coast & beach time/lunch time break!

Heading Out

View attachment 286702

Beach Time & Lunch Spot
(Almost looks like Florida)

View attachment 286703
Beautiful colors you caught in your pictures. Wants me to touch the water and makes me feel that I am with you in your kajak ! Thank you for sharing.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well the elusive mistletoe is down... I have never taken the time to consider how it attached and grew from a host... pretty neat really.. the berries are a little disappointing.. it looks like many have already been harvested (birds and squirrels get everything here) and many are yet to come... pickings were slim for what actually is..
@Maro2Bear

wow!!,!,l very cool!

Bee62

Germany
As a child I knew I wanted a turtle but my mother wouldn't let me. She actually was right because I didn't want one that had to be in water. Around 50 years later I had the unique opportunity to help a pretty good size wild tortoise. I was hand feeding her and she almost accidentally bit me. She pulled her head back so she wouldn't. That's when I knew that it was a tortoise that I had wanted all along. Imagine my mother's surprise when she visited and I finally had my little friend Saphire.
Hi Cathie, this is a great story. When I was a child tortoises from Greek were sold way too cheap in all pet stores in Germany. Most of these poor tortoises died after a few months. Owners feed them white bread with milk and kept them in card boxes without heating and light..... I saw pictures how these tortoises were transported from Greek to Germany: In big wooden boxes piled up. The poor ones on the ground often had been crushed from the others above them. A very sad story.
But I got two tortoises too and my mother bought a book how to keep tortoises. It was not the knowledge we had nowadays but it was better than knowing nothing about the animals. But after the first brumation the tortoises were dead ! We have made some bad mistakes but we don`t know how to brumate a tortoise right. There was no part in the book about the right brumation. Very sad ! I got the next two tortoises. Our tortoises roam free the house, had a summer place in our garden and were fed with greens and some veggies and fruits. We don`t let them brumate, they only sleep a week or two in the house under a heater. They overlived ! These tortoises lived a long time with us and I loved them. I never said or thought that they are booring. I know they are interesting animals.

Bee62

Germany
Yea you'd just blow up...or something...and I heard on channel 10 news that cow burping is causing global warming. So it's better if they just have gaseous fluctuations...
Yeah ! Cow farts contain much mehtane gas and this gas is one reason of the globel warming......o_Oo_O Friday against cows ??? Fridays for shooting cows ? :mad: No!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
When will I learn that the ads on the side bars on FaceBook don't speak the truth? Last week there was one for senior citizens. It was a 'club' for coupons for discounts at many of the same stores where I shop. You sign up and they send you a card (like a credit card) that you show when you shop, and you get discounts on your purchase. So I went to their site and started to sign up. It was supposed to be $2.99 to initiate the membership, so you had to give your credit card. I got to the credit card entry page and after I filled out the info it came back that it wasn't accepted. I tried again, thinking maybe I typed the card number incorrectly, but no, not accepted. I said oh well, and went out and about my business. Next time I looked at my email there was one from the credit card company asking if I made a purchase for $73.50 for some sort of discount travel something or other. I called the credit card company and explained that wasn't my purchase and we agreed the card should be cancelled. I've been checking my account online and no more charges have been made. In the meantime, that coupon company has sent me two emails asking if I still wanted to complete my application for the coupons. So now I'm waiting for a new credit card to be mailed to me. I think I'm going to 'un-follow' everyone on FB and quit looking at it. Those darned side bar ads are too easy to fall for.

But on the bright side, at the beginning of last week I filled out and sent in (electronically) my income tax return form. And this a.m. when I checked my bank account, I have received both the federal and the state tax returns in my account. That only took a week. That's never happened to me in all the years I've been filing a tax return. Probably because my income hasn't changed in years and the amount of my return is exactly the same every year.

(Can you tell I'm bored this morning?)
I just did a offer online for books on hydroponics. I used PayPal and now I am holding my breath. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I just did a offer online for books on hydroponics. I used PayPal and now I am holding my breath. I don't have a good feeling about this.

An offer? Like from eBay or some other vendor? Ive used PayPal for many many purchases. If there’s an issue they will work with you to get your money back.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Pretty darn nice here today, sunny n warm in the low 60’s. Daffodils are blooming as is the “vinca vine”. Lots of bird activity at the feeders & water fountain. Spring is kind of in the air. Did some light gardening and replaced the starter pull coil mechanism on our shredder. Cheap plastic thingy that “catches” when you pull the rope. Changed the air filter & changed out the oil.