COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I remember that song from my brothers record collection and because a Welsh singer called Ricky Valance had a number one hi t with it. Very sad!
I actually remember Ricky Valance. I didn't remember that he did that song. My parents were pretty young or listening to their parents music so I remember his name.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I actually remember Ricky Valance. I didn't remember that he did that song. My parents were pretty young or listening to their parents music so I remember his name.
I often confuse Ricky Valance with Ritchie Valens He was a young US singer who was killed in the plane with Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper. He did songs like Donna and La Bamba and was only 18 when he died. Very tragic loss.

Sa Ga

MN
Ir's way past my bedtime but I have managed to catch up and enjoyed seeing what you've all been up to.
I'll say goodnight now and see you soon.
Nos Da.
Yeah, you guys keep me up waaaaaaaay too late! Lol. You are my guilty pleasure...except when you make me all worried for your baby/ies (@TechnoCheese ) or make me so sad for you (@Romeo Serback ).

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ir's way past my bedtime but I have managed to catch up and enjoyed seeing what you've all been up to.
I'll say goodnight now and see you soon.
Nos Da.
Good good night to you also. I should eat and go to bed. Sometimes the CDR is too much fun though. See you soon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I often confuse Ricky Valance with Ritchie Valens He was a young US singer who was killed in the plane with Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper. He did songs like Donna and La Bamba and was only 18 when he died. Very tragic loss.
I also liked the Ventures back then also. I get a lot of it confused too simply because I was a kid. I still LOVED it!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your good wishes and thoughts for my brother. He has a 1.5 inch tumour in his front left lobe and is scheduled for surgery next Thursday - or sooner if a theatre slot becomes available. He has been home for the last week where he is happier, but still confused. He has completely forgotten the doctor telling him he has a tumour and thinks he was in hospital because he fell. His wife doesn't want to tell him yet that he is going to have surgery so it will be a big shock for him when they take back to hospital next week. We are all worried for him but trying to stay positive, I haven't been able to see him since the weekend as I have had yet another cold/cough so I have had to stay away so that I don't pass it on to him, but I have had a few brief phone conversations with him.
I hope all is well with you and your families, I have started to catch up on your posts but still have about 10 pages to go....I'll get there eventually.
Take care
I'll be thinking and praying for your brother and all of you also.

Sa Ga

MN
I'll be thinking and praying for your brother and all of you also.
@Cathie G , my prayers and healing energies guided your way for your brother and his family and friends. Illness like this takes its toll on everyone.

Hugs to you all and please keep us posted--beings of the two-legged kind are loved here too! ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We have had so much rain this winter it's incredible but the last 2 weekends have been unbelievable with 2 different storms hitting us full on. We have had lots of floods and even landslips in my area, with still more rain in between. The ground is just completely saturated. I lost some of a flat roof over Lola's room in 70+ mph winds. It has been patched up and covered until the weather improves enough to get it replaced.......maybe in 2021? ;) Lola has had to be moved into a corner of my kitchen because I was worried that the ceiling may collapse on him. He is cosy enough in his new house, and doesn't seem to mind where he is.
There is no let up in this rain - I'm thinking of building an ark!
Our rain like that started a couple of years ago but is still here again. It's a crazy winter because there's not been snow and ice only rain. The first year almost destroyed Joe's art studio we put together for him by flooding it. The rain stopped being so bad only by inches and didn't thank God. I'll be hoping and praying the same outcome for you...and all.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
@Cathie G , my prayers and healing energies guided your way for your brother and his family and friends. Illness like this takes its toll on everyone.

Hugs to you all and please keep us posted--beings of the two-legged kind are loved here too! ?
It takes 2.:)

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your good wishes and thoughts for my brother. He has a 1.5 inch tumour in his front left lobe and is scheduled for surgery next Thursday - or sooner if a theatre slot becomes available. He has been home for the last week where he is happier, but still confused. He has completely forgotten the doctor telling him he has a tumour and thinks he was in hospital because he fell. His wife doesn't want to tell him yet that he is going to have surgery so it will be a big shock for him when they take back to hospital next week. We are all worried for him but trying to stay positive, I haven't been able to see him since the weekend as I have had yet another cold/cough so I have had to stay away so that I don't pass it on to him, but I have had a few brief phone conversations with him.
I hope all is well with you and your families, I have started to catch up on your posts but still have about 10 pages to go....I'll get there eventually.
Take care
Thank you to keep us informed.
Fingers crossed for the surgery, I will have a thought for him next Thursday.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Today is Linda's birthday and she's off travelling the world. How could she dessert us on such a special day? Oh well, we'll just have to celebrate without her.
Happy Birthday, @JoesMum !!!​
Sorry! I was out watching whales, dolphins and albatrosses! Having a fabulous time in New Zealand. Those of You following me on Instagram will have seen. I’ll be back in March :) xxx

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
No appointment but it only took an hour total with the wait! Wife and I are Real Now! Wife went online and did the pre-check and put all the documents together. It is not something you just try to do while your out!
Weren't you REAL before? You guys always seem real to me.