COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
That was the storm named "Sabine" that brought you heavy winds and rain. Nooo, Sabine is not my sister !:rolleyes: Hopefully your roof can be repaired.
It might be a good idea to have a ready prepared ark in your backyard !:D
I think Sabine was a while ago, I remember thinking of you at the time.
This year we've had Storms Atiyah and Brendan and the last 2 recent storms were Ciara and Dennis.
I'm sure Storm Ellen is waiting somewhere in the wings so an ark will definitely be handy!!

Bee62

Germany
I think Sabine was a while ago, I remember thinking of you at the time.
This year we've had Storms Atiyah and Brendan and the last 2 recent storms were Ciara and Dennis.
I'm sure Storm Ellen is waiting somewhere in the wings so an ark will definitely be handy!!
I think your storms have different names as in Germany. :rolleyes: Sabine roared over Germany only 10 days ago !:mad:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...For those of you that don't know me, I am Yvonne's sister and basically been a Forum member since 2008...But I kept getting into trouble here on the Forum and otherwise, so I would leave for months.So I am back...(she says with a cackle)...
Hi Maggie, good to see you back on the forum and in the CDR!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That is cold! 72 and rainy here. After having 80+ it's kind of chilly. My body aches were horrible this morning.
Opo and Rose sharing the heater this morning.
View attachment 286274
Lola won't go through his door strips. He will walk in and out of his hide, but not if the strips are down.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Happy Saturday, yesterday I drove my wheelchair up to the grocery store and got Rose some flowers, card and candy. I got back home before she woke up. She was surprised! It was the only way I could do it because I don't drive our vehicles. With her always driving it is hard for me to surprise her.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Actions speak louder than words Ray and with all that effort you spoke volumes!
I bet Rose was delighted!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Back from kayaking on the Chesapeake Bay! What a great morning. Some higher winds and waves from the East then expected, but we toughed our way over the bouncy bits east, then south. Ended up spotting about eight Bald Eagles, two nice flocks of Tundra Swans. We navigated a very small cut through in the reeds and did a lot of exploring. Spotted a very large muskrat den. Tracks in the mud. When we got out of the weeds, the waves calmed. The waters glistened. Sunshine was warm, comforting. Two souls in kayaks , miles andmiles of clear water, fresh air, sea birds, sea gulls and salt water. Oyster shells welcomed us back to our takeout. #ChesapeakeBay ?

Pulled into our home driveway. Spring is in the air. Daffodils are blooming!

View attachment 286443
My favourite flowers, mine were in bud but they may have drowned in all the rain!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was horrified this morning to see a sparrowhawk snatch one of my little birds from my bird feeder! I've never seen one here before and thought it was pigeon at first until he perched on my fence and started plucking feathers from his breakfast! I have lots of hungry little visitors to my garden everyday so I'll have to figure out a way to keep my birds safe. The Sparrowhawk can go elsewhere for his meals!
I heard an owl today in broad daylight...so much for nocturnal if they're hungry. I've also seen a hawk land on the roof of my brother's car or fly over while I'm outside. Sooo when Saphire goes out by himself there's a hardware cloth lid I can lock because we also have raccoons.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey Mark you will have to find some old rusty garden tools to use.
Here is my first and only lathe project I did in 8th grade. When schools still had woodshop, metalshop and auto shop.View attachment 286466
That's lovely! Such a shame that so many practical skills aren't being taught in schools now. It's no wonder so much is being sent to landfill no one has any idea how to fix things anymore.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
and because it`s late evening in Germany we also can get a little bit trashy...... Who needs a paper handkerchief ? Please ask me. I will send you one or two .... LOL !

I remember that song from my brothers record collection and because a Welsh singer called Ricky Valance had a number one hi t with it. Very sad!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's lovely! Such a shame that so many practical skills aren't being taught in schools now. It's no wonder so much is being sent to landfill no one has any idea how to fix things anymore.
One of my brothers did auto mechanics in high school and became a good mechanic. But then he also went on to work for Columbia Gas and made a good living fixing their vehicles. His son, as a baby, turned his foot powered car upside down to fix the tires. I believe he went on to college for engineering. Hay! Stuff needs fixed unless you're a zillionair...and where we gonna put all the junk?