COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
A bit overcast during our morning visit to Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge this morning. No blue sky! We saw about 5 or 6 Eagles, a red fox, 3 Sitka deer, tons of ducks, geese.

Here’s a lone Blue Heron looking for breakfast

View attachment 285283
Love that picture ! Beautiful reflections!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yeah...I like the new look too.... Good afternoon all.. I haven’t got to say as much the past couple weeks... Been busy being busy ?. Have been following along though..
I like the look too. It's pretty but I need my shortcut. The old one doesn't work the same. It was like being flashed by a tort when I tapped it. What in the world is that???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
LOL, I am busy working on it. So far I have come up with this but waiting on my son to build a solar water pump for me to test it out on. I have used one of the tractor tyres that I got to make a tyre pond and will be testing it out on the pond to see how well it works. I have the activated carbon, the river sand and the gravel and the coke bottle. I have put it in the same order as below and created the same layer system twice in the bottle. The idea is to put the pipe from the water pump into the bottle and let the water run through that into the top pond tyre, from where it will fall into the bottom tyre pond and then be pumped back up into the bottle again. Thereby filtering the water all the time. Then if it works nicely then I will make a filter with a down pipe and run the well point water through that into the Water tank. Since Mark says that the chlorine should be safe I will also put some chlorine into the water tank to make sure that it is really nice and clean and then we should be good to go. But at this stage I am still waiting on my brother to deliver the water tank. Hopefully I will get it sooner rather than later.

View attachment 285234
I don't remember getting to see this post until today. That's an interesting solution. Did you ever find out what is in the water that colors your walls? Maybe you would just want water to clean with. Now I'm not sure if I was seeing all my posts or not. I'm seeing older posts now since the reformation. It's pretty and nice. I think I have a new shortcut. Well see...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
AAANNNNDDDDD I have finally caught up with all of you. Looks like you guys have been have a good year so far. Other than falling iguana's and snow and snoring etc. etc.

nothing much has changed on my side. Except that I am on a mission to go green this year and have all these wonderful ideas. (which hubby is cursing me for) as it just gives him more work.

My water tank is being delivered today and a load of compost as well. so I will be able to fill in all the tyres and get going with my veggie garden. I hope that everything grows nicely for me and that my veggies will taste nice. oh well if you don't try then you will never succeed. I will let you know how it goes.
It's like Ray says. It's on the honey do list cause chicks rule...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
AAANNNNDDDDD I have finally caught up with all of you. Looks like you guys have been have a good year so far. Other than falling iguana's and snow and snoring etc. etc.

nothing much has changed on my side. Except that I am on a mission to go green this year and have all these wonderful ideas. (which hubby is cursing me for) as it just gives him more work.

My water tank is being delivered today and a load of compost as well. so I will be able to fill in all the tyres and get going with my veggie garden. I hope that everything grows nicely for me and that my veggies will taste nice. oh well if you don't try then you will never succeed. I will let you know how it goes.
You will be a busy girl and I salute your green efforts! (all these new smilies and I can't find someone saluting!) Don't forget to post pics.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
A bit overcast during our morning visit to Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge this morning. No blue sky! We saw about 5 or 6 Eagles, a red fox, 3 Sitka deer, tons of ducks, geese.

Here’s a lone Blue Heron looking for breakfast

View attachment 285283
Even without a blue sky it's a great picture and I love the second one.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yeah...I like the new look too.... Good afternoon all.. I haven’t got to say as much the past couple weeks... Been busy being busy ?. Have been following along though..
Always good to know you are not too far away lurking in the corners even if you don't have time to chat.
Hope you have some less busy times soon.