COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Thanks Cathie, went to the doctor yesterday and she ordered a doppler test stat. We were on our way to a store and the imaging place called and said come right in. So good news the clot is the same size and didn't move. So now a cat scan. I had therapy today and was using my prosthetic arm to lift weights. I will send a video if I can figure out how.
I have a hard time doing video and stuff too. I'm really happy to see that you can at least do some therapy with your arm. Movement is essential. I'll be hoping for the blood clot to dissolve harmlessly. They'll have a better idea once your tests are done on what to do. Sorry to see you are getting a bad winter...we only finally got some freezing and a dusting of snow.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Hey everyone! I've had an exciting day and just wanted to share! We found a place that we like, all this searching and we finally find a usable chunk of land that has a wonderful home and good barns. Of course there is a catch, it's slightly more than what we were hoping, which throws us short for the down payment and there are two other interested parties:eek:. It may literally turn into a race to see who can come up with the money first! I suddenly wish I knew some private investorso_O

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey everyone! I've had an exciting day and just wanted to share! We found a place that we like, all this searching and we finally find a usable chunk of land that has a wonderful home and good barns. Of course there is a catch, it's slightly more than what we were hoping, which throws us short for the down payment and there are two other interested parties:eek:. It may literally turn into a race to see who can come up with the money first! I suddenly wish I knew some private investorso_O
That's great and I hope you are successful.
It's hard finding something that ticks most of your boxes.
Good luck!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well I'll hope and pray that the best thing happens for you. Just because they're interested doesn't mean they want to pay that either.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well I'd better sign off, I have a really early dental appointment tomorrow before work because I have a loose crown, or worst case scenario snapped the tooth under it so it needs urgent investigation. Fingers crossed it's not the latter!

@JoesMum
Is it tomorrow you are off on your travels, Linda?
If so and I don't get to speak to you before you go then Bon Voyage to you and hubby, and stay safe.
I don't know if I'l be able to access your pics on Instagram but if not I'll see you in the Spring!
Take care.

To everyone else Nos da and see you soon.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well I'd better sign off, I have a really early dental appointment tomorrow before work because I have a loose crown, or worst case scenario snapped the tooth under it so it needs urgent investigation. Fingers crossed it's not the latter!

@JoesMum
Is it tomorrow you are off on your travels, Linda?
If so and I don't get to speak to you before you go then Bon Voyage to you and hubby, and stay safe.
I don't know if I'l be able to access your pics on Instagram but if not I'll see you in the Spring!
Take care.

To everyone else Nos da and see you soon.
Thanks Lyn :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all!

Today’s the day. It’s come at last. The first day of our big. adventure.

Over on my moderator forum, it’s the first day of the annual education technology show and it is very odd watching my colleagues prepare for the day ahead without being part of it,

Our flight isn’t until this evening, so maybe I’ll see you later :)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello all my friends, i have one more update, I saw the pulmonologist yesterday. No good news. He said there is only 2 things it can be based on ct scans and blood tests. I'm fighting a diagnosis between lymphoma or sacroidiosis. I am having a biopsy next Thursday and i should know the results about a week after that. I'm scared to death. My husband is worried sick the kids have no idea and they just run and play with no other thoughts. How much I wish I could be young and worry free again.
Oh No, I am so sorry.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Some parts of Ohio, the water has iron in it. It stains everything but it doesn't come out of the well clear and then turn brownish red. That's well water's color there maybe? It's an interesting subject. I hope you find an easy solution.
LOL, I am busy working on it. So far I have come up with this but waiting on my son to build a solar water pump for me to test it out on. I have used one of the tractor tyres that I got to make a tyre pond and will be testing it out on the pond to see how well it works. I have the activated carbon, the river sand and the gravel and the coke bottle. I have put it in the same order as below and created the same layer system twice in the bottle. The idea is to put the pipe from the water pump into the bottle and let the water run through that into the top pond tyre, from where it will fall into the bottom tyre pond and then be pumped back up into the bottle again. Thereby filtering the water all the time. Then if it works nicely then I will make a filter with a down pipe and run the well point water through that into the Water tank. Since Mark says that the chlorine should be safe I will also put some chlorine into the water tank to make sure that it is really nice and clean and then we should be good to go. But at this stage I am still waiting on my brother to deliver the water tank. Hopefully I will get it sooner rather than later.

upload_2020-1-22_16-8-49.png

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
@carol m
I got your card! Love the glittery reindeer:) I am glad that it was late because it brought a special feeling today. Thank you!

I’m pretty sure it was your candy canes that held them up so long... lol
Yayyy, Most probably. Sorry about that guys. Didn't think very clearly when I posted them.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good mornooning all!

Today’s the day. It’s come at last. The first day of our big. adventure.

Over on my moderator forum, it’s the first day of the annual education technology show and it is very odd watching my colleagues prepare for the day ahead without being part of it,

Our flight isn’t until this evening, so maybe I’ll see you later :)

Have fun! Should be a great adventure. Remind us all of your INSTAGRAM account name. Safe travels !

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
LOL, I am busy working on it. So far I have come up with this but waiting on my son to build a solar water pump for me to test it out on. I have used one of the tractor tyres that I got to make a tyre pond and will be testing it out on the pond to see how well it works. I have the activated carbon, the river sand and the gravel and the coke bottle. I have put it in the same order as below and created the same layer system twice in the bottle. The idea is to put the pipe from the water pump into the bottle and let the water run through that into the top pond tyre, from where it will fall into the bottom tyre pond and then be pumped back up into the bottle again. Thereby filtering the water all the time. Then if it works nicely then I will make a filter with a down pipe and run the well point water through that into the Water tank. Since Mark says that the chlorine should be safe I will also put some chlorine into the water tank to make sure that it is really nice and clean and then we should be good to go. But at this stage I am still waiting on my brother to deliver the water tank. Hopefully I will get it sooner rather than later.

View attachment 285234

Remind me what you are trying to filter out. I kind of forget. Yes, chlorinated water is 100% perfect to water plants & provide to torts & animals & humans too!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Have fun! Should be a great adventure. Remind us all of your INSTAGRAM account name. Safe travels !
OK . Here goes

The account is NotAtHomeAgain.

Instagram is very tame as social media. You can access it via an app or from a web browser.
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=119545u3bxbfx&utm_content=8ea9ndb

It is a private account, so I will only accept followers who I recognise. If your instagram account isn’t recognisable as you, message me via TFO (I should get that notification) and let me know! Other CDR members are welcome to follow too, as long as I “know” you :)