COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Goodmorning everyone and good night to the members across the pond. Hopefully I will get the new ring doorbell installed today. It's top on the honey do list.
I have the Blink Cameras at front and rear doors. THey do a pretty good job and install was a snap since they are wifi/battery. I amazed at the foot traffic in my alley!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh is that a pic of you? Grandkids are good. I am looking for a house to rent up in Michigan for a month or two. So I can spend some time with them and of course go salmon fishing on lake Michigan. Mother in law has been in the Philippines since oct. She will return next month.
For me the battle continues. My leg stump has swelled up. I can't get my leg on. I have a chronic blood clot in the leg. Going to the doctors today so I can get a order to have a doppler ultrasound done. Keto diet is still going good but I can't weigh myself without my prosthetic leg on. My clothes are fitting a little better so I think I am losing weight. My prosthetic leg weighs about 12 lbs. So I just deduct that from the weight.
I'm rooting for you. Even when you don't post I think and pray for the three of you often...and of course to mom also she's such a help.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I agree with the built in barometer. Opo seems to get lethargic when the cool weather approaches.
Saphire does the same even though he's in a heated room. He can still feel the season. I don't hibernate him but I do let him sleep a bit. He starts begging to go outside around mid February. I heard on the news that Ohio's true spring starts around then. I think he can feel the underground warming even though his enclosure is elevated. I always tell my friends that Saphire says it's spring. They think I'm crazy because there's snow on the ground...but seeds will wait to sprout then too.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh is that a pic of you? Grandkids are good. I am looking for a house to rent up in Michigan for a month or two. So I can spend some time with them and of course go salmon fishing on lake Michigan. Mother in law has been in the Philippines since oct. She will return next month.
For me the battle continues. My leg stump has swelled up. I can't get my leg on. I have a chronic blood clot in the leg. Going to the doctors today so I can get a order to have a doppler ultrasound done. Keto diet is still going good but I can't weigh myself without my prosthetic leg on. My clothes are fitting a little better so I think I am losing weight. My prosthetic leg weighs about 12 lbs. So I just deduct that from the weight.
I do hope they can sort your leg out Ray, it must be very painful as well as frustrating not to able to use your prosthetic.
Good luck at the docs a scan sounds like the best way to find out whats going on.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My daughter goes out on Toad Patrol in the New Forest. :)
I can't blame her. If she gets to hear their music at breeding time it's amazing. I'm sure she knows that. I've only heard the froggy breeding choir once in my life. I didn't find out until many days later I had heard something very special. I already knew that I had been blessed. I just didn't know what I had heard. I'll never forget the beautiful song they sang.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I can't blame her. If she gets to hear their music at breeding time it's amazing. I'm sure she knows that. I've only heard the froggy breeding choir once in my life. I didn't find out until many days later I had heard something very special. I already knew that I had been blessed. I just didn't know what I had heard. I'll never forget the beautiful song they sang.
Down this way we have Marsh Frogs. They’re not native, but found their way to marshes near the channel ports. They’re really noisy!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Down this way we have Marsh Frogs. They’re not native, but found their way to marshes near the channel ports. They’re really noisy!

We have those “Spring Peepers” in our neck of the woods. A few weeks back when it was really unseasonably warm I could already hear them. Now we have sub freezing nights, I’m sure they are buried deep below ground/mud again.

Signed up yesterday for one of my big kayak trips for this Summer, a long weekend to Tangier Island, out in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay. A second big trip, to Greece in the Fall for a week of kayaking in warm, turquoise waters!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm rooting for you. Even when you don't post I think and pray for the three of you often...and of course to mom also she's such a help.
Thanks Cathie, went to the doctor yesterday and she ordered a doppler test stat. We were on our way to a store and the imaging place called and said come right in. So good news the clot is the same size and didn't move. So now a cat scan. I had therapy today and was using my prosthetic arm to lift weights. I will send a video if I can figure out how.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I have the Blink Cameras at front and rear doors. THey do a pretty good job and install was a snap since they are wifi/battery. I amazed at the foot traffic in my alley!
I didn't get the ring doorbell installed. :(
Tomorrow is a clean schedule. I WILL install it!;)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Saphire does the same even though he's in a heated room. He can still feel the season. I don't hibernate him but I do let him sleep a bit. He starts begging to go outside around mid February. I heard on the news that Ohio's true spring starts around then. I think he can feel the underground warming even though his enclosure is elevated. I always tell my friends that Saphire says it's spring. They think I'm crazy because there's snow on the ground...but seeds will wait to sprout then too.
Got down to 39° last night. Only 61° today. I haven't seen Opo yet.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I do hope they can sort your leg out Ray, it must be very painful as well as frustrating not to able to use your prosthetic.
Good luck at the docs a scan sounds like the best way to find out whats going on.
Thanks Lyn, scan was good and now a CT scan. Cant wait to get back on my leg.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's interesting that you can hear them chirping in the evenings usually. This song was during breeding though and very different. I read that you have to be present with the exact temps, rainfall, humidity, and etc to get to hear this. I didn't understand what I'd heard at first. I was in the right place at the right time. It's much like some of the things birds do while maiting. Their song was really beautiful and well ordered. I think of that experience as a swamp song choir that sang for me.