Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I received a Christmas present from Chewy.com. This one is Spencer:

Chewy present a.jpg

And this one is Charlie:

Chewy present b.jpg

And I received this one of Misty last Christmas from them:

Chewy present c.jpg

They ask you to send them a picture of your "fur baby" and I sent the pictures you see on my computer screen in the back ground. I had no idea they were going to do an oil painting of the pictures. Taken by themselves, the pictures don't really look like my animals, but when you look at them next to the pictures, its a pretty darned good likeness!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just waiting for it to become light enough outside to go out and do my tortoise chores. I got up before zero dark thirty so I could get over to my daughter's house in time to see the great grandkids open their presents, and wouldn't you know it? I was too late once again! The boys made me a home made card, which was pretty darned cute. They're not old enough to read and write, so I'm sure they had some help. The present they gave me was a scented candle. My grand daughter in New Jersey sent me an electric lap robe. I had been complaining that the fire in the woodstove heats the house up great, but the heat doesn't make it back to my bedroom, where I spend most of my time. So after I came back home, it's still dark. I'm looking out the window now and it's a bit grey out there, so I'm guessing the sun's about to come up. I've got the tortoise food all prepared, but I don't dare go out with Misty until I'm sure all the meandering skunks have headed back home, so we always wait for daylight.

If it's another nice day I'll be tending to my raking. Seems like the leaves are taking their time falling off the trees this year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And the big unveiling......freshly crafted, turned and painted over the last two weeks or so, Snowmen & Christmas trees....

We”re adding the new collection to last year’s production for a family portrait!

View attachment 284183
Aw, they're so cute

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Just waiting for it to become light enough outside to go out and do my tortoise chores. I got up before zero dark thirty so I could get over to my daughter's house in time to see the great grandkids open their presents, and wouldn't you know it? I was too late once again! The boys made me a home made card, which was pretty darned cute. They're not old enough to read and write, so I'm sure they had some help. The present they gave me was a scented candle. My grand daughter in New Jersey sent me an electric lap robe. I had been complaining that the fire in the woodstove heats the house up great, but the heat doesn't make it back to my bedroom, where I spend most of my time. So after I came back home, it's still dark. I'm looking out the window now and it's a bit grey out there, so I'm guessing the sun's about to come up. I've got the tortoise food all prepared, but I don't dare go out with Misty until I'm sure all the meandering skunks have headed back home, so we always wait for daylight.

If it's another nice day I'll be tending to my raking. Seems like the leaves are taking their time falling off the trees this year.
Yes we wouldn't want Misty decorated for Christmas. I'm having a quiet day too. I didn't get to go late shopping. Lancaster closed up shop...that's ok because I love my really quiet days with my animals. Have a wonderful rest of your hollyday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The Family Christmas Gathering

Regular CDR members will note the 2018 Snowmen on the left, with the 2019 new & improved models on the right. There’s one more drying off in the basement, he is modeling a golden hat band. Need to make room in the gallery.

View attachment 284184
They're all too cute.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Linda: CarolM is a member of our CDR and lives in South Africa. Has posted lots here in this thread. I don't know if that's the same one that's offering to join the FB group, but I'm guessing it is.
Nope wasnt me. I am already joined
View attachment 284149

Merry Christmas, roommates! Don't forget to wear some cool shades -- the tree out of stacked hedgehogs and jellyfish glows very brightly tonight.

Oh, mince pie, anyone? (Recipe suggested by @JoesMum :<3:)

View attachment 284150
Yummy