COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
All my tortoises had to suffer a starvation day, and they were left locked inside their sheds for the day. Last night I forced myself to lay flat on my back, even though it was very painful and caused bad aching in my right hip and thigh, and I woke up this a.m. still on my back. I think that helped because, even though it's still noticeable this a.m., the pain isn't as bad, and I'm actually dressed! I'm going to tend to the animals, then go back to bed, flat on my back, and finish reading "The Edge" by D i c k Francis. It's hard to concentrate, though, because the kittens are just so darned cute (and entertaining).
I'm just wondering if you got your card yet.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sorry to hear you’re under the weather.

I have been pretty poorly too :( I went down with some virusey bug last week which completely wiped me out. My stomach was so sore and while I didn’t get full-on V&D things were definitely not normal. I barely ate for 3 days :( Things are much better now, but my energy levels have yet to recover.
Sorry to hear you've not been well too Linda.
That sounds like the same sort of thing my brother in law had a couple of weeks ago.
He had excruciating stomach pains in the night - no V or D but he was hospitalised because of his complicated medical history. They thought it may have been heart related, but in the end put it down to something viral.
He has been fine since and hope you make a full recovery too.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And Old Man Winter is now knocking at our door steps. We had full sun and high 60’s yesterday, but temps rapidly falling, it’s raining with snow spotted in areas just a bit west of here. By tomorrow morning, just mid-20’s. Brought our banana trees in yesterday and one fig. Plenty of time to bring the others in as temps hover around freezing.
Definitely colder here. We've had some frost in the mornings and possible snow forecast for hilly areas this week but mainly heavy rain for the next couple of days.
I've brought my plants in too.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hello Lyn. Thank you ! I know something that would stop your annoying cough but I am not sure if you can get in in England
https://www.google.com/search?q=tartephedreel+tropfen&gws_rd=ssl
61A0876gAXL._SY355_.jpg

When I have a cold I cough like a big dog barking. This is the only thing that helps. Only natural herbs.
I've not seen that in our pharmacies but I have some Benylin for tickly coughs.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I had a bit of catching up to do! Yvonne, Linda, and Lyn- I sure hope that you all are fully recovered asap. Sick or suphering should not be allowed for any of us. Lots of hugs and soup for all of you from me. Brenda, it’s so good that you can talk to us and you are very welcome here. Don’t give up on your children’s books. If there is any way for you to post us a sample, I would love to read! And your family biography might not be pleasant but if your heart calls you to write it, then write that too. We read all sorts of things! Carol, I’m with you.... made it to Tuesday and maybe participated but I’m really just passing time until the weekend! Lol...
Sabine, it’s sure good to hear your voice:)

it was easier for me to type this paragraph than respond individually to all the posts I wanted to. I’m on my iPhone and I’m sure that I’ve left something out that I meant to say but .... oh well
Thanks Heather I can't speak for Linda and Yvonne but I'm OK thanks.
Hope all is good with you and the family.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well Tuesday is over in the UK .
I've dosed myself up with various remedies and I'm off to bed.
I may see you later - but hopefully not.
Take care and Nos Da!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh No. I am at least glad that you are feeling a little bit better. Just don't overdo it and relax those muscles. maybe even take a cold shower - the cold water should help with your muscle ache.
I've been using a heating pad and tonight my daughter said I should be using ice - 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. So I 'm sitting here right now with frozen peas on my back.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning I hop everyone wakes up feeling much better today. It’s a very cold 20 degrees (f) here this morning.. it’s a rare dry cold for us though so it doesn’t feel to bad. Looks like sunshine ahead and a high of 50.. I’ll be working mostly outdoors today and I think I’m looking forward to it. Cinder has proven to be a wonderful companion and is doing well learning all the things a puppy should.. oddly enough, she barks a lot when she wants something. Not sure if this is something she will outgrow but it’s not a habit that is common in her breed... mostly, I find it cute and endearing but when your trying to enjoy a snack it’s a bit annoying

B38DD85C-34B7-4266-B573-631AF19F46F0.jpeg CD619CDE-532B-4CBC-83CC-BDC99E5340B0.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning I hop everyone wakes up feeling much better today. It’s a very cold 20 degrees (f) here this morning.. it’s a rare dry cold for us though so it doesn’t feel to bad. Looks like sunshine ahead and a high of 50.. I’ll be working mostly outdoors today and I think I’m looking forward to it. Cinder has proven to be a wonderful companion and is doing well learning all the things a puppy should.. oddly enough, she barks a lot when she wants something. Not sure if this is something she will outgrow but it’s not a habit that is common in her breed... mostly, I find it cute and endearing but when your trying to enjoy a snack it’s a bit annoying

Cute lil’ Cinder. Really cold here today as well. Luckily, it’s nice & Sunny today so not as gloomy!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

View attachment 282876 View attachment 282877
Aw, baby in the car seat! Dang she's cute.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cute lil’ Cinder. Really cold here today as well. Luckily, it’s nice & Sunny today so not as gloomy!
Yesterday we beat a weather record that had been in effect since 1920. We made it up to 81F. The next 10 days or so will be in the 70s, nights in the upper 40s and lower 50s. This is a VERY warm Autumn for this neck of the woods.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yesterday we beat a weather record that had been in effect since 1920. We made it up to 81F. The next 10 days or so will be in the 70s, nights in the upper 40s and lower 50s. This is a VERY warm Autumn for this neck of the woods.
Global warming is very scary!
The met office people have been trialing some new long range forecasting method/equipment and It is said that our winter will be the worst since 1962 - a Beast from the East on steroids!! We'll soon find out how accurate they are.