COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hi Ben! I’m finally done moving to another corner of the CDR. I think the Wool Spider (if she exists) abandoned this corner a long time ago, but it required a lot of dusting. Do you still climb fences to get juicier dandelions on the other side?
Hello...I'm so glad to not see you yet see you again.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning Ray & Opo!
I have seen those angry eyes in a couple of my hard-back friends. Apparently, I was late with breakfast!!!
[emoji23]
Sat. and Sun. were rainy and 77°. Opo was not happy. Just looked out from his hide and would not come out eat anything after breakfast. Today it warmed up but I had a doctor's app. So when I got home I put him in the pool. He stayed in the same spot for over an hr. Finally did his duty and I took him out. He grazed back to the porch, walked in nibbled on some mustard greens. To my surprise after a few bites he went to his hide. At first I was confused but then looked at my clock. It was the 4:30 which is bedtime. :)20190805_162111.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They must we have tried to count is around 25. But it's hard to be sure when you have that many lol.
That's what I love about zebra finches. They fly pretty much like hummingbirds. I really love when my finches are singing their songs. I thought I had 50. It was probably closer to 20. Both species fly so fast it's impossible to count them.

DE42

That's what I love about zebra finches. They fly pretty much like hummingbirds. I really love when my finches are singing their songs. I thought I had 50. It was probably closer to 20. Both species fly so fast it's impossible to count them.
You should get a video of them if you can. I'd love to see them.
I think you can buy those at PetSmart here lol.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You should get a video of them if you can. I'd love to see them.
I think you can buy those at PetSmart here lol.
I have a video but I'd have to find it on one of my little micro thingys. Mine are around 12 years oldy but goodies. I love to hear them talking amongst themselves.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Sat. and Sun. were rainy and 77°. Opo was not happy. Just looked out from his hide and would not come out eat anything after breakfast. Today it warmed up but I had a doctor's app. So when I got home I put him in the pool. He stayed in the same spot for over an hr. Finally did his duty and I took him out. He grazed back to the porch, walked in nibbled on some mustard greens. To my surprise after a few bites he went to his hide. At first I was confused but then looked at my clock. It was the 4:30 which is bedtime. :)View attachment 277999
Even the tortoises in Florida take advantage of the early bird special? :p

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a video but I'd have to find it on one of my little micro thingys. Mine are around 12 years oldy but goodies. I love to hear them talking amongst themselves.
I have to tell you this. A pair needs at least a 5ft flight path in their cage horizontally...and all kinds of little basket nesting boxes, bird baths...etc etc etc. Next thing you know there's a ton of babies...

BentoNeko

kentucky
It's probably best if you start a thread in the box turtle section. There are many more members with box turtle knowledge than I, and you'll get a whole bunch of help that way. Just go to "American Box Turtles" section and click on "Post new thread". Then give us as much information as you can about how the turtle is acting, his enclosure and what you feed it. I'll be looking for your thread, and I'll give you all the help I can.

Alrighty! Ill make a detailed thread! Thanks so much x)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That's one of those things we do take for granted here.
Interesting. I did not know that.

You shouldn’t be surprised. It’s like a South African being surprised there are no elephants roaming in North America in the wild.

The oceans have had a massive impact on wildlife distribution. It’s safer to assume those on other continents don’t have your wildlife.

Birds are the exception... they can fly! However very little ones like hummingbirds need to fly over land to migrate so that they can feed. They couldn’t cross an ocean. They have also evolved to feed from specific plants that only grow on the American continents.

Last edited:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Everyone I know on this side of the pond. Calls it a DVD or DVD player. :)
I think I will start using box set and see what happens :)

I’m referring and thinking more about the actual printed cardboard type box that holds the 10 or so DVDs all neat and tidy. Not the actual device itself.