COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all. We have walked MILES this weekend. About 10 miles each day. And the distance involved a lot of hill climbs and descents. We’re quite tired!

We have seen plenty of birds and butterflies. Also there are loads of Brown Hares (which are fairly uncommon in the UK). And we saw Roe Deer while out walking which was pretty special too.

Sunset on Friday
IMG_0671.jpg

Some views over the last couple of days
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0717.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0716.jpg

Thatched cottages in the nearby village
IMG_0701.jpg

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
My prayers are with the victims of the El Paso shooting. Hope no members or your family were involved.
What I can’t understand is what goes through people’s heads before they do things like this. I remember watching the news a few years ago on the same week of the Westminster bridge attack, the guy who did was a regular working guy with a family and he supported his local football team. It’s like someone flicked a switch in his head.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
What I can’t understand is what goes through people’s heads before they do things like this. I remember watching the news a few years ago on the same week of the Westminster bridge attack, the guy who did was a regular working guy with a family and he supported his local football team. It’s like someone flicked a switch in his head.
That happens sometimes... Whenever we get the mental health shortfalls resolved, there will be a much lower amount of violence out there.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I got out the laurel and hardy box set yesterday from the garage, I started watching them when I was 8 with my dad. 8 years later I’m still laughing uncontrollably while watching them. Two comedy legends:D
Yes they are so funny... I like the Beverly hillbillies with Ellie May and all her critters too.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evenooning all. We have walked MILES this weekend. About 10 miles each day. And the distance involved a lot of hill climbs and descents. We’re quite tired!

We have seen plenty of birds and butterflies. Also there are loads of Brown Hares (which are fairly uncommon in the UK). And we saw Roe Deer while out walking which was pretty special too.

Sunset on Friday
View attachment 277935

View attachment 277936
View attachment 277937
View attachment 277939
View attachment 277940

View attachment 277938

Wow!!! You could publish your own landscapes calendar.. GORGEOUS

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I've seen the term "box set" used in Florida. Often, there's an actual box that the DVD cases go into. I don't think we'd call it a boxed set if it came in a plastic or metal container, though.

I’ve heard box set as well! I think “they” apply it to anything that is a full set.. ( records, movies, comics, etc...)

BentoNeko

kentucky
Whew! I picked up a 25lb sack of Mazuri Aquatic Turtle Diet and separated it into individual, covered plastic tubs for the freezer. I washed my hands with Jergens Hand Soap. . . phew!. . . then vinegar water. . . and lastly lemon juice. My hands still smell fishy. Skunk would smell better!

Hello! Ive heard great things about you and that youve raised your fair share of eastern box babies? I was wondering if you could perhaps help me with mine. I fear she may be sick :( I also am looking to update her enclosure and i was wondering if you could give me some tips to better her home life? I have yet to figure out messaging on this website xD

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My nerves are all over the place this morning. I think Selma may be a little boy, she flashed what I believed to be a penis this morning. It soon went back in.

It’s a once-seen-never-forgotten experience [emoji23]

Expect to see it quite a bit for a while as Selma experiments with his new toy! [emoji23]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Sunset on Friday
View attachment 277935

View attachment 277936
View attachment 277937
View attachment 277939
View attachment 277940

View attachment 277938

@Moozillion I forgot to tag you for a postcard alert Bea!

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
It’s a once-seen-never-forgotten experience [emoji23]

Expect to see it quite a bit for a while as Selma experiments with his new toy! [emoji23]
I wish someone took a picture of my face when I saw what was going on. I was expecting another year before something like that happened:eek:

She seems a little distracted today, charging around. She’s eaten a couple dandelions. I’m still in shock:D

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I wish someone took a picture of my face when I saw what was going on. I was expecting another year before something like that happened:eek:

She seems a little distracted today, charging around. She’s eaten a couple dandelions. I’m still in shock:D
I guess that puts you on notice now, for the other two... :eek: :p