COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Well hello there everyone!
I haven't popped in lately as life has been hectic between school, Xmas get togethers, family visits and shopping etc so hope everyone is well.
I will try to catch up from where I left off but think there'll be quite a bit of reading to do so it may take me awhile.
Hope all your Xmas preparations are going well.
Lyn! So nice to not see you! Nadolig Llawen

I am guessing your school has finally broken up for the Christmas break

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy Saturday!

The SUN is out, temps back down to normal..

Our Bedroom with a View

View attachment 260232

I’m beginning to think I could recognize your trees. The photos paint canvasses in your mind because of their beauty!! I think our temps may hit 70 today! I’m so excited about this on a Saturday so I can enjoy it. My shelled children will get to spend time outside and I may even get to drop a worm in the lake:) horses could use some attention too. A day outdoors is good for the soul [emoji16]

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I’m beginning to think I could recognize your trees. The photos paint canvasses in your mind because of their beauty!! I think our temps may hit 70 today! I’m so excited about this on a Saturday so I can enjoy it. My shelled children will get to spend time outside and I may even get to drop a worm in the lake:) horses could use some attention too. A day outdoors is good for the soul [emoji16]
So very true. I spent last night and this morning doing The Longest Night celebration. Now today we have go to a fellow nation sisters funeral.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello all you strange people who visit the CDR! Happy week-end. Are you working this week-end Noel? Busy time of year for you.

I don't have big plans for the day. . . work outside until Misty tells me it's lunch time, eat lunch, vegetate and maybe nap

I saw Linhdan posted this a.m. I'm disappointed she didn't pop in here and say hello. Sorry to see she's selling her tortoises.

YEA!!! Starting today the days are going to get longer! I don't like having to go out and do evening chores at 4p. Much better when I go out at 7 or 8p to do them. Gives the animals 3 more hours of day time.

No fire in the woodstove today. It's cool, but not cold in here. I'm off to chop and prepare tortoise food. later. . .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bought a nice bunch of ripening bananas the other day with the intention to dehydrate them. Yesterday I sliced them up and put them in the dehydrator and this morning, yeah, some nice dried snacks. Today, I’ll whip up some sliced apples with a hint of cardamom and cinnamon.

View attachment 260237 View attachment 260238
A man of many talents! Nice to see the weather hasn't blown/floated you off the map.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
A man of many talents! Nice to see the weather hasn't blown/floated you off the map.

The high temps yesterday of 63 ish, brought all kinds of crazy local weather...flooding, high winds, trees falling, double rainbows and more. We were lucky here....just high temps, and gusty.

Today - cooler, but sunny with moderate winds. Should be relatively nice for the next few days. Might be able to get out on the water here soon, experiment with a new “GoPro” - like camera. Good for some time lapse photos on the water.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I saw something funny on a video once. Forgot the name of the video. So the video had two tortoises getting fed at the zoo. The second one was more into looking and sniffing at the other ones tail then eating. They might be intelligent but very silly.
They aren’t intelligent at all!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
We're very good thanks Gillian.
Lola has his lazy days when he won't come out of his hide, but he is eating if provided with breakfast in bed!!
Good evening. Glad to know you are well. :)

Oli has also got into those moods. I guess it's the weather here. It's freezing cold.....brrrrrr. :(

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Sorry to hear that Gillian.
Technology is wonderful when it is working properly, and it's a great space saver for out pics and documents but these days we rely on it too much.
I'm sure the world would end if all the computers and devices stopped working!
Thank you, Lynn.

Oh yep, technology can be a pain sometimes.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Call me old fashioned, but I'm still a fan of paper... Especially for the most important stuff. Paper doesn't panic, doesn't forget, and doesn't accidentally get deleted. I also like that it's still accessible when the power goes out. ;)
Hi! So you are another one? God only knows how much more comfortable I am with paper than I am with technology.