COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Are any of our British contingent anticipating the upcoming royal wedding?
I know it's silly, but I'm very interested!
Good luck to Meghan being int the public eye 24/7! But as an experienced actress, she may handle it better than many would. :)
I am. But I'm not British.[emoji23]

Bee62

Germany
I was thinking that about this...

I wasn’t surprised that the very British Baked Bean was eaten on South Africa in the same way as it is here... SA has the history of being a former British colony after all.

I am surprised about Germany! I can only blame our military bases in your country for their influence!
Maybe that`s the point: The British and American soldiers brought baked beans in tomato sauce to Germany.
THANK YOU FOR THAT !:D:D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
How y'all doing?

Hi Dan. We are doing good here.

We have had the warmest May Day public holiday in decades ... 27C (81F) It’s kind of a joke in the UK that it ALWAYS rains on a public holiday, so this is even more surprising :D

That would be considered hot in mid summer here, let alone at the start of May. Luckily we have plenty of sunscreen and our wide brimmed hats with us on our travels.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We spent this morning out at Rye Harbour nature reserve... the long since silted up former harbour is now a wonderfully diverse natural wetlands habitat which is also popular with migrating birds.

Among its “stars” has to be the avocet - there were loads.

We also saw cuckoos. I saw my first ever yesterday and three more today... including a pair courting on a fence. They’re often heard at this time of year, but notoriously hard to spot!

My favourite falcon, the hobby, was out catching dragonflies too. They’re such brilliant flyers. You can watch them catch the dragonfly with their feet then pass it up to their beak to eat.

We stopped at a pub for lunch of fish and chips and then came home. A shower and a mug of tea later and I am feeling much cooler.

DE42

Hi Dan. We are doing good here.

We have had the warmest May Day public holiday in decades ... 27C (81F) It’s kind of a joke in the UK that it ALWAYS rains on a public holiday, so this is even more surprising :D

That would be considered hot in mid summer here, let alone at the start of May. Luckily we have plenty of sunscreen and our wide brimmed hats with us on our travels.
Well I hope that you have a good day and can utilize the weather. :)