COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
The sun is shining beautifully in Kent too :)

JoesDad and I went to the garden centre for a couple of bags of topsoil and came back with some plants too. They’re soaking right now; I shall be telling him where to plant them later :D

We are planning a barbecue this evening. You have to take these opportunities when you can!
Sounds yummy. Your garden is going to look beautiful when you are done with it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Barbecuing has commenced with the veggies
View attachment 237673

Our normal location would smoke Mrs B out of the nest, so we are crammed round the back of the conservatory which also avoids upsetting Mr & Mrs Robin feeding their chicks. :D
Mmmmm. Looks really yummy. We had beans and toast. I was lazy. So much so I got Jarrod to make it. [emoji33] [emoji33]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We have adopted many dishes from overseas, but I don't think we have yet taken in beans and toast. Canned beans? Like Pork and Beans?
Lol. Canned beans. It is just me and Jarrod and Jarrod loves loves canned beans. So beans and toast It was. When my younger sister was living in the UK, her boyfriend and her didnt have much money so they lived on beans. And I thought that beans was a cowboy thing. Which is American right?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
10051000029512_A1C1.jpg

This is very popular here, however, we don't serve it with toast.

I did an image search for beans and toast, and it looks like the same beans:

upload_2018-5-5_11-19-17.jpeg

For some reason, that just doesn't look appetising to me. Next time I buy Pork 'n Beans, I'll have to serve it over toast and see if I like it. I DO like creamed tuna over toast. Have that at least twice a month.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
10051000029512_A1C1.jpg

This is very popular here, however, we don't serve it with toast.

I did an image search for beans and toast, and it looks like the same beans:

View attachment 237678

For some reason, that just doesn't look appetising to me. Next time I buy Pork 'n Beans, I'll have to serve it over toast and see if I like it. I DO like creamed tuna over toast. Have that at least twice a month.
I will have to see if they have pork and beans and try it. We do tuna and mayonaise. Not sure if that is the same as creamed tuna. I presuming it is. But I prefer the tuna and mayo on nice fresh bread.