COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Well.. the Covid has been running through the family so we have been quarantined.. my internet and phone service has been more Frustrating than helpful.. we are all ok, it’s affected everyone mildly so far.
Hi Heather so sorry Covid has lured it's ugly head in your family but pleased it's only a mild dose. I hope you all make a good recovery and can get back to normal(ish) soon.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning and Happy Sunday to you all.
We had some rain in the night which has freshened everything up....more to come through the week.
I'm going to my sister's house for lunch today which I already know will be delicious.
I've got a few things to do before I leave so I'll see you later.
Hope you all have a lovely day!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We had 2 tornado smart phone tonado warnings Saturday morning at 2 to 4 am.? Well, this side of town the wind chimes weren't even singing. It sucked. The satellite TV kept going in and out though so... every time the show cut off it would come back on for the commercials. I got to watch commercials all night. We were blessed ?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
@Cathie G that would suck, but in your case, the wind chimes are a good indication of what's going on.
Here in SF Bay area, a breeze is starting to come up, and the weather reports "suggest" that we have a 60% chance of rain from 7pm on. I'm already weathered up as far as the yard is concerned, have plenty of wood stacked and under a tarp. Summer kinda never showed up this year. They say July was the hottest ever. . ? Here in Sf Bay we have "Indian" summers (I think that is still ok to say), September when kids go back to school it would Get HOT. Typically we get 5 to 8 HOT days a year where I live (2 mi away from the bay), 105°+/-. I'd pull out the window A/C for the day. But this year NO need for A/C at all...?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
@Cathie G that would suck, but in your case, the wind chimes are a good indication of what's going on.
Here in SF Bay area, a breeze is starting to come up, and the weather reports "suggest" that we have a 60% chance of rain from 7pm on. I'm already weathered up as far as the yard is concerned, have plenty of wood stacked and under a tarp. Summer kinda never showed up this year. They say July was the hottest ever. . ? Here in Sf Bay we have "Indian" summers (I think that is still ok to say), September when kids go back to school it would Get HOT. Typically we get 5 to 8 HOT days a year where I live (2 mi away from the bay), 105°+/-. I'd pull out the window A/C for the day. But this year NO need for A/C at all...?
Yep. Indian summer. It goes on here too. Right now we're having fall days. Soon we'll have a few more warm days for Sapphire to be out maybe. I'm trying to take advantage of every warm sunshiny day for him that I can. Even if it's only for an hour or two.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well.. the Covid has been running through the family so we have been quarantined.. my internet and phone service has been more Frustrating than helpful.. we are all ok, it’s affected everyone mildly so far.
Sorry the covid caught up with you and your family. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yep. Indian summer. It goes on here too. Right now we're having fall days. Soon we'll have a few more warm days for Sapphire to be out maybe. I'm trying to take advantage of every warm sunshiny day for him that I can. Even if it's only for an hour or two.?
Opo is sleeping in his man cave tonight. Supposed to get down to 63°. I am thinking to run a extension cord and hook up a heater. The problem is Rose is in Iceland and I have no idea where anything is.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Rose was supposed to see the northern lights tonight, but cloudy and raining. Weds is their next chance. They have already been to the blue lagoon. She asked if she can go to 4 countries in Africa in May. They will start in S. Africa. I forgot the other 3 countries she said.
Pics coming soon of Iceland.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
It's really cloudy and dark here today with rain coming in later this morning.
Rain and some strong winds will stay with us for most of the week on and off.
It's still mild though, but we are in for a big drop in temps towards the weekend with the first snow reaching some parts of the UK - not where I am though thank goodness.
Lola is still in his hide but he's peeping out to see if there's anything worth coming out for.
Hope you all have a good Monday and I'll see you later.

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
I feel your pain Ellie, I too have been stuck in with covid for the last 6 days, another 4 to go, Thank goodness for the forum to keep me entertained.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Opo is sleeping in his man cave tonight. Supposed to get down to 63°. I am thinking to run a extension cord and hook up a heater. The problem is Rose is in Iceland and I have no idea where anything is.
Oh my but try to behave yourself. Don't be rolling on the ground. Maybe Mom has an idea where the extension cords would be kept and could help. Maybe Opo will scratch at the back door if not. But also maybe the enclosure will stay a little bit warmer due to the man cave and the heat not being able to escape from the ground. I don't know how warm Sullys need to be at night... my best wishes hopes and prayers that Opo is comfortable tonight. ?