COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Since it's the first day of spring, I thought I'd share a little house rabbit story. I have this little mini lop that is an unfixed girl ?. Razberri is driving me nuts cause she's in the mood for love ? She's hanging around my feet, doing funny things to my legs, and rushing past me into areas of the house... and she ain't allowed to be there. What's worse is, she knows it. So she runs as fast as she can to get into everything she can before I catch her.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And it all went horribly wrong ☹ Now just have to hope France doesn’t get enough points against Scotland
I can't believe it!
The team must be devastated - most of Wales is!:(
Never mind Scotland have been playing well this year too - they've just gained a country full of supporters!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good mornooning all

Follow the link for a little video of a thirsty hedgehog at our pond last night ?
All I've filmed the last few nights is next door's cat who seems to be spending all night in my garden showing an interest in the shrub where the birds are roosting. :(
I'm going to have to look at some deterrent - maybe an action motivated sprinkler.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
All I've filmed the last few nights is next door's cat who seems to be spending all night in my garden showing an interest in the shrub where the birds are roosting. :(
I'm going to have to look at some deterrent - maybe an action motivated sprinkler.
That should be a 'motion activated sprinkler!?
I wish I felt action motivated I might get more done!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good mornooning all

Follow the link for a little video of a thirsty hedgehog at our pond last night ?
That is cool! Is that a pet or are they wild there?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That is cool! Is that a pet or are they wild there?
Our hedgehogs are wild and endangered.
I don't know of anyone who keeps them as pets but many of us do try to help them with feeding stations and houses for them in our gardens and hedgehog highways (holes in fences) to help them wander from garden to garden.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Happy Sunday all. Another cold, bright start to our day here. Frost on the vehicles. Glad that I brought the banana trees in....they would have got a bit of a nip on the greens. Big warm up coming....

And, look what else arrives in a few months! Can’t wait.

View attachment 321457
Is that a beetle giving birth?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Our hedgehogs are wild and endangered.
I don't know of anyone who keeps them as pets but many of us do try to help them with feeding stations and houses for them in our gardens and hedgehog highways (holes in fences) to help them wander from garden to garden.
Ok, he looked pretty fat and healthy .

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My iste
Ok, he looked pretty fat and healthy .
My sister has been caring for 3 sick hedgehogs over winter and they've all done well - one of them looks like a bowling ball when he curls up now.
They'll soon be released but will go out into a supported feeding area for a while, then fingers crossed they'll be OK.
They really are in trouble here owing to loss of habitat, traffic, pesticides and things like gardens being covered over with concrete and that awful artificial grass. They need all the help they can get.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning everyone, cold and cloudy here today. Opo's still all the way in the back of his nightbox. Don't think I will see him today.
Got my first video pop up this morning. It happened when I tried to enlarge a photo on another post. ?
Sounds similar to here. The sun is trying to break through but it's too chilly to sit out.
Lola's the same - peeping out like a nosey neighbour but staying put.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Is that a beetle giving birth?

These are Cicadas. The larvae stay dormant under ground for years, often 17 years, more or less. This Summer will be the next major bloom....17 year old grubs rise up, crawl up trees, shed their exoskeletons fly about & mate. They HUM day and night to attract one another to mate. They mate, crawl back down & deposit eggs....and come back in 17 years.....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My iste

My sister has been caring for 3 sick hedgehogs over winter and they've all done well - one of them looks like a bowling ball when he curls up now.
They'll soon be released but will go out into a supported feeding area for a while, then fingers crossed they'll be OK.
They really are in trouble here owing to loss of habitat, traffic, pesticides and things like gardens being covered over with concrete and that awful artificial grass. They need all the help they can get.
I could imagine the obstacles that put stress on the population. I imagine there are predators that are a problem also.