COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I wouldn’t describe fly tipping as better. It’s a blight. Environmental unfriendliness by those who don’t care for our planet

Yeah, we have the same problem here. The County “bulk waste” management crew will haul away large items, but people don’t want to wait or schedule it. Instead, folks will drive along our back road here and dump all kinds of large house hold goods & junk. Tires, kitchen reno junk, mattresses, old furniture, the list is long. The sad thing....the county makes it difficult for folks to schedule pick-ups, BUT has to later go around and pick these random piles of refuse up. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Fly tipping = dumping household garbage/tires/junk/etc out along a back road. Instead of taking it to the dump (UK = tip) folks just dump anywhere away from their house. A mess.
Ahh, I get it. It’s the same here, it’s so hard to schedule a pick up date and time that people dump bulky items anywhere that is convenient for them. It’s so sad, especially since we’re on an island! It really isn’t that far to the convenience center.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Ahh, I get it. It’s the same here, it’s so hard to schedule a pick up date and time that people dump bulky items anywhere that is convenient for them. It’s so sad, especially since we’re on an island! It really isn’t that far to the convenience center.
Sorry, civic amenity center?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh check this out...I'm standing in my bedroom window looking at the brown color out there thinking that I can see about 10 birds in that dead stuff, then there's flocks of tiny Goldfinches hitting my feeders, then literally wave after wave of California quail popping out from under the blackberry bramble...I lost track at about 25. I don't get to see those very shy quail often, Then to cap it all off a big fuzzy bunny came over to eat on the growing day lillies. Picture all that wildlife in my yard. at the same time. It is not as cool in the telling...it was really cool for me...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
As you all know, I'm quite old. My memory is bad. I'm watching 'The Closer,' 'Major Crimes,' and 'Rizzoli and Isles' and it's like I'm seeing them for the first time.

So yesterday after I had done all my morning chores I got ready to go do my usual Friday errands - Post Office for mail, grocery shopping, maybe gas station, if needed. And I'm expecting out of town company for the week end, so extra things to eat.

My guest hadn't arrived by the time I was ready for bed so I opened the gate, left the door unlocked and went to bed.

This morning I emailed my guest wondering why they didn't come, were they in a car crash? And their response was that unless there's something wrong with their calendar, they are scheduled to arrive tonight!

It was Friday all day yesterday. When one is retired, and only watches re-runs on TV, there's nothing going on to remind one what day it is.

I'm going to have to pay closer attention when my computer first boots up, when it tells me the time and day!
My memory in everyday living is so bad well it's just bad...however I can tell you who is driving what car in what race.in NASCAR, I can tell you the end of movies from the 40's and up and other stuff...selective memory???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon/evening all.
I seem to have been busy all day but have little to show for it, and I couldn't exactly tell you what it is I've been doing - just stuff!
Anyway hope everyone is having a good Friday and is looking forward to the weekend.
Thanks I am. I did go out and buy some zenia and echenachea seeds. Had a cat scan. Blah blah blah ? but now I'm just enjoying helping Dilly go in and out through the gate over and over again. I have to keep a pretty tall pet gate in the doorway to our kitchen because Razberri can hop higher than she knows. Even though Dilly can jump it easily, he's a senior citizen cat. Once I started trying to help him out a bit, that was the end of me sitting on my but all day.?sooo

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh check this out...I'm standing in my bedroom window looking at the brown color out there thinking that I can see about 10 birds in that dead stuff, then there's flocks of tiny Goldfinches hitting my feeders, then literally wave after wave of California quail popping out from under the blackberry bramble...I lost track at about 25. I don't get to see those very shy quail often, Then to cap it all off a big fuzzy bunny came over to eat on the growing day lillies. Picture all that wildlife in my yard. at the same time. It is not as cool in the telling...it was really cool for me...
I know what you mean.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I wouldn’t describe fly tipping as better. It’s a blight. Environmental unfriendliness by those who don’t care for our planet
Makes me mad and has been much worse during lockdown with the tips either starting a booking system or making people queue to get in. All because the council wouldn't allow more than one person at a time on the site - yet the chances of catching covid in a supermarket are much higher. Ridiculous!!!! I could rant on for ages about it!!!!

Last edited: