TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Thank you. I spent my life bleaching and getting spiral perms so my hair was just ruined. Split ends, frizzy etc. So I got a haircut and SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! My hair is curly!!! I wash it, shake my head, and done. PS...In all my life I had straight hair, I cut it, and look at what happened. I have hated my hair most of my life, but even tho it's an 80's shag, I LOVE this...thanks!!!
Your new haircut looks great!!

I have found my hair has become much curler in the last year or so as it's thinned out, probably from being on different meds. I literally pulled my hair out last fall because it was tangling so much, & it's coming back curly. Oh, the joys of trying to age gracefully...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Opo went to the vet yesterday. This was the first time going to her. I am happy with this vet. They have a sully there that the side of the carapace and plastrom were smashed by a car. Florida Wild and Game brought it to them. It has become their rescue because no one claimed it.
She asked if she could bring it into the room. As you can see Opo doesn't play well with others. Opo ended up having worms. She gave me pancur for treatment. Another plus for me, was she never suggested a shot.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you. I spent my life bleaching and getting spiral perms so my hair was just ruined. Split ends, frizzy etc. So I got a haircut and SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! My hair is curly!!! I wash it, shake my head, and done. PS...In all my life I had straight hair, I cut it, and look at what happened. I have hated my hair most of my life, but even tho it's an 80's shag, I LOVE this...thanks!!!
I used to do all that too but finally gave up. I always liked the 80's shag. It just won't work for me. I chop mine into kind of a page boy and try to live with it.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I saw an american "Robin" a couple of days ago. I can see why they call ours robins with the red breast ours have.?
Last week we had the red breasted robin here. Passing through on their way up north. The red breasted robin is Michigan's state bird.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Opo went to the vet yesterday. This was the first time going to her. I am happy with this vet. They have a sully there that the side of the carapace and plastrom were smashed by a car. Florida Wild and Game brought it to them. It has become their rescue because no one claimed it.
She asked if she could bring it into the room. As you can see Opo doesn't play well with others. Opo ended up having worms. She gave me pancur for treatment. Another plus for me, was she never suggested a shot.
Oh my garsh. That's funny ?. If that doesn't make you feel better about having one tort nothing will. I'm glad you got a good vet and caught the worms.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh my garsh. That's funny ?. If that doesn't make you feel better about having one tort nothing will. I'm glad you got a good vet and caught the worms.?
Yes for first impressions I feel good about her. She seems very knowledgeable. The only thing I disagreed with her was she feeds her sully watermelon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We left New Zealand and flew to Sydney.

We arrived at our accommodation mid-morning, dumped our luggage and went for a walk in the rain; fortunately we had all the right gear.

Sydney Harbour Bridge with Luna Park in the background
View attachment 320061
Sydney Opera House
View attachment 320062

In the Botanic GardensView attachment 320063View attachment 320064
Australian Wood DuckView attachment 320065
Australian White Ibis - known locally as a Dump Chook or Bin ChickenView attachment 320066View attachment 320067
The view from our balcony as the weather got worseView attachment 320068
I always love to watch when ducks and geese do that little dance with their wings.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Heard on the radio the other day that the number of cold and flu cases have dropped dramatically this year so the masks are helping keep all bugs at bay. There was a discussion about whether we should continue wearing them even after covid is under control.
I was before covid started but realized that the cloth masks are so much better for me. Even if it's in the winter and I don't need protected from allergies they help with the cold air. I'm going to always use them from now on if needed.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes for first impressions I feel good about her. She seems very knowledgeable. The only thing I disagreed with her was she feeds her sully watermelon.
I wonder if that's wrong all of the time. I'm not disagreeing but just wondering. It has a lot of fluid and is supposedly good for your kidneys. It might be something good for constipation in a tortoise. I've never used it but... just a thought.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Some place right in the comments it gives you the option to click on translate and it translates the comments for us Americans...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I always feed my Sulcata watermelon as well. About the time of Spring going to Summer I'd get a watermelon, and throw it from my deck into the Sulcata pens. Gone in a few minutes. I don't believe that much is damaging. But does she feed it regularly? Maybe that tort needs hydration? I feed once a year, daily is bad

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I was before covid started but realized that the cloth masks are so much better for me. Even if it's in the winter and I don't need protected from allergies they help with the cold air. I'm going to always use them from now on if needed.
They’re brilliant for cold air. I am a real convert for that!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

More pictures please!!!
We need to see this hair do!! ?