COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning all!!!!
Will be a wonderful day with the major change happening here in the U.S. today!?????
If you all remember about a year ago. I had a wound on my arm the size of a half dollar. It resembled a spider bite. That is the same location I just had the growth removed yesterday. That might have been the time the small piece of wood got in my arm.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hey Mark,check out this YouTube video. It might give you some ideas.
Watch "Woodturning - The Coffee Spoons" on YouTube

Yep. I actually watched this video awhile ago. Lots of work for a coffee spon. ?‍♂️ We just recently bought some resin to try some deep pour resin projects. (Again, resin isnt cheap either). There are all kinds of things to be fool around with!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Yep. I actually watched this video awhile ago. Lots of work for a coffee spon. ?‍♂️ We just recently bought some resin to try some deep pour resin projects. (Again, resin isnt cheap either). There are all kinds of things to be fool around with!

I forgot to say “thanks” for forwarding the video. It’s rather interesting really what can be made from simple things. We watched a vid the other day where a guy used cedar shavings & resin, another used cedar “moth” balls in cedar.

We want to wisely choose how/when to use resin in projects.

Get that arm healed up so u can get crackin!

Here’s that cedar ball bowl & resin.

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all. Sorry I haven’t been around. I had a lot on my plate. (See what I did there ;) )

Daughter made the most amazing mezze for dinner on Sunday ... tzatziki, hummus, kofta, cheese pies, pomegranate salad, dolma, egg plant salad, a hot carrot dish that I have forgotten the name of, ... and the most delicious Turkish bread (recipe https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/no-knead-turkish-bread/)

91DFE4F6-5A88-4740-AF35-B0A754B00F42.jpeg
2817E872-53C9-474D-95B3-E6FC73C14BC4.jpeg

After my shift at the rescue on Monday where the Kestrel was looking much perkier, I had to get my next batch of face masks finished. They’re done and up for sale on the rescue fundraising site now, but I had to be strict with myself about screen time to get them done!
0EF7F5E7-2653-4ED4-BF7A-6349FB5C697F.jpeg
F0E57E18-0727-462A-B172-1437A77674D5.jpeg

Anyhow, I have read through the pages of posts, caught up with news of Jess, Cathy and Ray... missed a couple of birthdays Rose and Lyn (sorry - hope you had great days)... and learned of Yvonne’s phone among other things

Ooh yes, I love Maggie and Carol’s finches too :)

Hopefully I won’t get quite so far behind again!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
GRRR i hate school.
Yup school can be very irritating, and must be doubly so in these covid-affected times, but sticking at it is the gateway to where you want to be.

Luckily you can park your troubles in the CDR and then take a deep breath and go and get on with it :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good evenooning all. Sorry I haven’t been around. I had a lot on my plate. (See what I did there ;) )

Daughter made the most amazing mezze for dinner on Sunday ... tzatziki, hummus, kofta, cheese pies, pomegranate salad, dolma, egg plant salad, a hot carrot dish that I have forgotten the name of, ... and the most delicious Turkish bread (recipe https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/no-knead-turkish-bread/)

View attachment 315834
View attachment 315835

After my shift at the rescue on Monday where the Kestrel was looking much perkier, I had to get my next batch of face masks finished. They’re done and up for sale on the rescue fundraising site now, but I had to be strict with myself about screen time to get them done!
View attachment 315839
View attachment 315840

Anyhow, I have read through the pages of posts, caught up with news of Jess, Cathy and Ray... missed a couple of birthdays Rose and Lyn (sorry - hope you had great days)... and learned of Yvonne’s phone among other things

Wow, quite the feast!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

View attachment 315834
View attachment 315835

View attachment 315839
View attachment 315840

The fare and the masks look amazing.. what a talented family you have

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A while back I fired my cable company and bought Roku and antenna and have been pretty satisfied with my TV viewing. But the weather and atmospheric disruptions affect my reception.

I've gotten in the habit of watching several programs right in a row all evening long on the same channel. So I turned that channel on tonight and 'no signal'!! It's now been off for a couple hours. So I had to turn to local channels and this is the time of day all of them are broadcasting local news.

Being a troll who lives under a bridge, I'm unaware of what's been going on around me. I was amazed to see that over 400,000 people have died from covid, there was an attack on the White House and the National Guard is deployed and high winds have caused terrible fires in Northern California!

I was much happier not knowing these facts. It must be the wind and smoke causing my TV reception. Guess it's time to break out a book and turn off the TV.
I know what you mean. After being down for a month and even before, I'm fed up with the boob tube. Especially the news.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Goodmorning all!!!!
Will be a wonderful day with the major change happening here in the U.S. today!?????
If you all remember about a year ago. I had a wound on my arm the size of a half dollar. It resembled a spider bite. That is the same location I just had the growth removed yesterday. That might have been the time the small piece of wood got in my arm.
I do remember. ? Also splinters hurt until you get them out so I hope it relieves at least a bit of the pain issues.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 315834
View attachment 315835

View attachment 315839
View attachment 315840

I'm going to try the turkish bread recipe and I love your masks.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Cedar “Project” Update..... as you all probably noted, when I cut up the Cedar logs I get a few off cuts. Some large that will become bowls, a few smaller pieces not worth throwing away, too nice to burn, but what can be made? The first step is taking the rough wood & getting them into a shape that is useable.

Started With this Log
4D04CD39-269F-4A8A-84F7-0B96A17A2CD7.jpeg

Cut Into Chunks
C7FA0790-DD17-4575-A5EB-A232C0077A08.jpeg

Stored Away in the Shed
9E0C10E9-83BC-497B-9DA4-D337D6A7435D.jpeg

Cut Into Useable Pieces
23E8E6CE-D467-40E9-A44F-CE99B30E6979.jpeg

Starting a Project on the Lathe