COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I am interested in the Finches. Do they breed easily in captivity? I would love to find a pair and breed them for my pet store. They are pretty scarce here, but I do see them at Petsmart when I buy worms. They always seem to have 2 finches
I got a tree full, how many you want of those ? little bastages!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
The last picture is so cute!
Get get to sit on my bed and watch that feeder. So far I have counted 25 different species that eat in my yard. I have 7 feeders around, and 4 nest boxes. The Swallows nest, and nothin else. And the Swallows are gone all winter, in spring, they use 2 of the nests, both of which are right next to the carport where Beauty sleeps. The Swallows are the same year after year, parents move on or die, and their offspring come back and nest. The daddy Swallow sits outside the nest and is the look out, and the food getter. Remember, this is Oregon, so on the rainy days daddy sits inside the carport looking out, high in the rafters. They are not bothered by my presence, but my car and I are bothered by their poop, I don't want caustic poop on my soft paint, or on my expensive car cover. But I do want the birds. So while they are nesting, I use my rain, snow and dirt proof car cover, and cover the car cover with newspapers. Obsessive? maybe

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning! Happy Monday to y’all. We are supposed to have a nice sunny day in the low 60’s.. after today, it’s cold and wet for the next week ;-(... we have a bank holiday today to celebrate Martin Luther King so my kids are out of school.. I’ve got some work from home and a couple conference calls, but I believe my tortoises will get some extra attention today..

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning! Happy Monday to y’all. We are supposed to have a nice sunny day in the low 60’s.. after today, it’s cold and wet for the next week ;-(... we have a bank holiday today to celebrate Martin Luther King so my kids are out of school.. I’ve got some work from home and a couple conference calls, but I believe my tortoises will get some extra attention today..
Great, enjoy your day!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, mark this day down. I've finally decided to join the electronic phone age and I ordered a smart phone from Great Call. It will be delivered today. It really bugs me to pay a monthly service fee for something I don't use - for the convenience of having a cell phone. 99% of the time it sits in my purse with a dead battery, so after a couple months of paying the monthly fee I cancel the account. With this service I will have text, and don't have to pay extra when I use the phone. I'll have 100 minutes - and since I don't use it, 100 minutes is a lot. And what I don't use is carried over to the next month. We'll see how long it lasts before I come to the realization I'm spending $$ just for the sake of being able to say, "I have a cell phone."

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well, mark this day down. I've finally decided to join the electronic phone age and I ordered a smart phone from Great Call. It will be delivered today. It really bugs me to pay a monthly service fee for something I don't use - for the convenience of having a cell phone. 99% of the time it sits in my purse with a dead battery, so after a couple months of paying the monthly fee I cancel the account. With this service I will have text, and don't have to pay extra when I use the phone. I'll have 100 minutes - and since I don't use it, 100 minutes is a lot. And what I don't use is carried over to the next month. We'll see how long it lasts before I come to the realization I'm spending $$ just for the sake of being able to say, "I have a cell phone."

Great......i still think you should look into TracPhone. No monthly service fee. Mine is actually a flip phone! but wifey’s is “nicer”. HSN & QVC often have great package deals (text, minutes & a phone).

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Great......i still think you should look into TracPhone. No monthly service fee. Mine is actually a flip phone! but wifey’s is “nicer”. HSN & QVC often have great package deals (text, minutes & a phone).
So why get a freakin Smart phone???You pay for the phone, and internet, and long distance etc. Because of the age of my car, I keep my cell phone in it, I use a land line. My cell is the next after flip phones, my keyboard slides out. Ya ca't hear, but you can always get a signal...lol

Jan A

Boulder, CO
So why get a freakin Smart phone???You pay for the phone, and internet, and long distance etc. Because of the age of my car, I keep my cell phone in it, I use a land line. My cell is the next after flip phones, my keyboard slides out. Ya ca't hear, but you can always get a signal...lol
Hey, you can always text someone with a smart phone. Like for certain reasons like stupid me was shopping, lost my car keys in the grocery store, had left my phone in the locked car, couldn't call my husband, was going to have to walk home 5 or 6 miles away on a bumb leg & get the other keys, roamed the grocery store for an hour & a half & finally found them underneath the self-checkout station I used.

Rule #1. There are no pay phones out there anymore.

Rule #2. Don't leave your phone in your locked car unless you're with someone else with a cell phone

Rule #3. Put your car keys in your purse/pocket/Scotty's vest, etc. instead of wandering a store with them in your hands.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey, you can always text someone with a smart phone. Like for certain reasons like stupid me was shopping, lost my car keys in the grocery store, had left my phone in the locked car, couldn't call my husband, was going to have to walk home 5 or 6 miles away on a bumb leg & get the other keys, roamed the grocery store for an hour & a half & finally found them underneath the self-checkout station I used.

Rule #1. There are no pay phones out there anymore.

Rule #2. Don't leave your phone in your locked car unless you're with someone else with a cell phone

Rule #3. Put your car keys in your purse/pocket/Scotty's vest, etc. instead of wandering a store with them in your hands.
I bet AT&T operators are happy about rule #1. At the beginning of my 30 year career with Ma Bell I was an operator. Answering the coin lights on the board was the least favorite. I used to hate collecting the $$ for the calls. Then the notification when three minutes was up.