COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Same here Maggie, but this isn't overhanging onto their property at all. My tree (large shrub) is at the closest 2 feet away from their fence I keep it cut way back so they have no complaints on that score. But they object to the height which I keep between 8 and 9 feet so are trying to chop it down.
Because they are reaching over the boundary and cutting the height it is classed as trespass and criminal damage here Apart from that it is just plain bullying. Their garden is all concrete and they don't like wildlife, whereas I like my garden to be wildlife friendly. This has been going on for years and is very wearing.:(
Thanks for the explanation. Crap like that drives me insane. And because of my sweet and loving personality I react badly and make things worse. I had a fight with a neighbor and ex friend, that put me in jail several times and he loosened the ALL the lug nuts on my car making a rear wheel come off trying to hurt me (and my car?), again "I" went to jail. Anyhow that was all 2015 old news. But I so totally understand how it sucks

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Saturday all.

Sunny & bright unexpectedly really. Cold, hard rain late evening yesterday i thought for sure it would be just gray & overcast today.

We went for an early morning drive near Annapolis MD to check out a “real” lumber yard. You know, the type that we used to have. Real wood, good choice in associated products like screws, nails, chain, sledge hammers, woolen hats & gloves. Checked out their very nice selection of Red Cedar timber. Four x four inches (10cm x 10 cm) by eight feet long, pretty nice looking wood. Cost about $85.00. Lots of other dimensional wood available too. Wow....have you ever seen Ipe? Wow... Supposedly a deck made with Ipe will last more than 30 years!

➡️➡️ Fun Fact - Ipe was used for the boardwalk along the beach of New York City’s Coney Island, and was said to have lasted 25 years before it needed to be replaced: an amazing lifespan given the amount of traffic and environmental stresses put upon the wood.)

We picked up three boxes of decking screws so we can finish off, screw by screw, the “deck project”. Could have bought the 5 lb box, but hey, might not need that many.

On our way over we spotted three hawks. One in our garden, the others along the highway. Lunch time for hawks.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Wow.....everyone must be knackered.... ? No updates from anyone?

I thought that I would pull out a chunk of fallen cedar that i harvested a few years back now and make something, right? I mean, why pay for wood when I have some stashed away....

So, here is the start of “something” out of Cedar. Raw, Uncut.

F3E54CEA-9F18-4600-A886-38ACF7536AA7.jpeg

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Wow.....everyone must be knackered.... ? No updates from anyone?

I thought that I would pull out a chunk of fallen cedar that i harvested a few years back now and make something, right? I mean, why pay for wood when I have some stashed away....

So, here is the start of “something” out of Cedar. Raw, Uncut.

View attachment 315518
Nice looking piece of wood, I also turn wood for one of my many Hobbies. I buy wood online and have it shipped, not cheap.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi! I miss you guys and gals. I've been in this covid-19 bubble for too long. I just don't have a lot of mental energy yet. Each day is getting a bit better though. Thank God I have my animals. They kept me up and moving as much as I could. It's wonderful how much more they give me then what I can give them. Not see you more soon ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
As long as you're OK - thats all we care about!
Thank you Lyn, I had a stress test mon. and the numbers were the same as in 2017. So that's good and had a breathing test on Wednesday and the results there were a lot better than before. My doctor thinks changing my inhaler from Anora to trelegy might be the reason. Tues I go in and have a growth about the size of a pingpong ball removed from my amputated arm. The growth is under the skin and gets irritated when I wear my prosthetic.
My insurance company approved a cross trainer and it will be delivered in a few weeks.
I am happy to get it because I haven't been getting much exercise since my therapy stopped because of covid.
Screenshot_20210106-223446_Chrome.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nagh. It’s usually cold, dark and wet under bridges. No food or drink. How would you know when the world ended?
For a balanced global look at things look for other “news” sources. France24, BBC World News, Al Jazeera International, German Deutsche World to name a few.

Did you hear about the massive eartquake?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/15/indonesia-earthquake-deaths-sulawesi-island
I do watch some of those channels. Seem to get a balanced perspective there.
That earthquake looks bad.
I can always depend on Opo to mellow me out. By watching him graze and eat in the yard. I think that's the best therapy around. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hi! I miss you guys and gals. I've been in this covid-19 bubble for too long. I just don't have a lot of mental energy yet. Each day is getting a bit better though. Thank God I have my animals. They kept me up and moving as much as I could. It's wonderful how much more they give me then what I can give them. Not see you more soon ?
Hope you start feeling better.
I agree, Opo has given me so much comfort.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I didn't realise you had covid Cathie, I hope you are feeling better soon and able to chat again.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you Lyn, I had a stress test mon. and the numbers were the same as in 2017. So that's good and had a breathing test on Wednesday and the results there were a lot better than before. My doctor thinks changing my inhaler from Anora to trelegy might be the reason. Tues I go in and have a growth about the size of a pingpong ball removed from my amputated arm. The growth is under the skin and gets irritated when I wear my prosthetic.
My insurance company approved a cross trainer and it will be delivered in a few weeks.
I am happy to get it because I haven't been getting much exercise since my therapy stopped because of covid.
View attachment 315530
Good to hear its mostly good news Ray and hope all goes well with the arm procedure on Tuesday.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good mornooning all.

Let’s just say I am glad this week is coming to an end. The bad news has definitely outperformed the good.

The sun has made a very welcome appearance and JoesDad and I are going out for a country walk to try and park things and reset for next week.
Have a good time. I'm going for a little stroll myself.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It is amazing how people can dislike certain trees when they buy a house and boom chunks in the alley.
I suppose trees sometimes have to come down if they're unsafe or been damaged, but it alwasy amazes me that people buy houses near trees that have been there long before and then want to cut them down. If you don't like trees - don't buy a house near them!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Dry here today but another bout of rain and gales coming in midweek.
Lola is watching the world go by from his hide and when I get back from a little walk he is going to have a nice soak (but he doesn't know that yet).
Hope you all have a good Sunday.
TTFN

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I suppose trees sometimes have to come down if they're unsafe or been damaged, but it alwasy amazes me that people buy houses near trees that have been there long before and then want to cut them down. If you don't like trees - don't buy a house near them!

Some of these trees were cut down by electric power line guys, keeping the power lines clear. A few others from a massive windstorm that knocked down a lot of trees in the area.