COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
That's not rambling. The nerves and tendons in my right wrist and arm were severed in my accident. But the jerk DR never discovered that, it took 4 Neuro surgeons, 2 Physical therapists and some other drs to discover that while they were trying to find out what was happening to this injury, and my nerves mostly not connected anymore, had healed up, the reason I have migraines, dizziness, nausea and out of balance is that I had walked around for 9 months with a broken neck. It also had healed, crooked but healed. So I'm still walking around with the migraines etc, so I use a cane to keep me from falling in public...lol
Wow, what kind of accident? I go in this month to have injections in my neck where I fractured vertebraes. The MRI I just had found that arthritis has set in that area. The injections really help with my migraines. It seems to give me relief for about 6 to 8 months.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thank you, you all have been great support!?

I am gonna support you like a jock strap until ya get better!!!!!!!
...??. Not EXACTLY sure what that means....?
( but at least it hopefully made you laugh...)
I wish you all the best for ,(if nothing else)
a comfortable life..
When my back went out many years ago
It was really bad...
but all I kept telling people is
“I just want to be able to function.”
Don’t care if my back will hurt forever.
Just able to “function.
All the doctors kept doing was giving me those sleepy pills that just made me sleep throughout the pain.
But I didn’t want to sleep all the time I want to be able to function that’s all.
That’s why I tell you… I get it… I understand you completely...
? even if we have to come up with a solution ourselves!!!!
We are hear for you!!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It ok!!! The case is still under inverstigation so nothing has been done yet. ? I’m told that these kinds of cases can often take months..

They believe that her surgeries were successful but we have had so many emergency events that could affect the results.. either way, they say that it will take 6months to a year for the nerve grafts on the severed nerves to regenerate and show some function.( so her arm is still dead weight at this point) . we are told that the worst is over though.. and even if some do not work, the corrective procedures now will be a piece of cake compared to what she’s already had..
Jess is really doing great! She has been very strong through this ordeal.. we have a fairly large surprise planned for her 18th birthday in the form of 4 wheels?... so I’m really pushing her to get off of any meds she can. Luckily, it doesn’t take much because she’s pushing herself along nicely.. she wants her independence back!!
Great that she is in good spirits. At her age I would think the sooner she can get off of pain meds the better. Would hate to see someone so young having problems with addiction.
Tell her to stay strong and we are hoping the best for her.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I am gonna support you like a jock strap until ya get better!!!!!!!
...??. Not EXACTLY sure what that means....?
( but at least it hopefully made you laugh...)
I wish you all the best for ,(if nothing else)
a comfortable life..
When my back went out many years ago
It was really bad...
but all I kept telling people is
“I just want to be able to function.”
Don’t care if my back will hurt forever.
Just able to “function.
All the doctors kept doing was giving me those sleepy pills that just made me sleep throughout the pain.
But I didn’t want to sleep all the time I want to be able to function that’s all.
That’s why I tell you… I get it… I understand you completely...
? even if we have to come up with a solution ourselves!!!!
We are hear for you!!!!
??? the jock strap comment leaves the imagination to run wild. ?
Thanks for the support!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
And 2 more.View attachment 312134View attachment 312135he liked hanging out on the Betta leaf sofa. He keeps looking for it.? Maybe I need to put my ceramic skills to work ?
Maybe you could do a heavy duty cleaning of the suction cup and then position Arrow's betta leaf lounger on a different part of the tank glass (wall). Possibly even use a paper towel to wipe off that part of the glass on the inside of the tank, in case it's slimy.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
That's not rambling. The nerves and tendons in my right wrist and arm were severed in my accident. But the jerk DR never discovered that, it took 4 Neuro surgeons, 2 Physical therapists and some other drs to discover that while they were trying to find out what was happening to this injury, and my nerves mostly not connected anymore, had healed up, the reason I have migraines, dizziness, nausea and out of balance is that I had walked around for 9 months with a broken neck. It also had healed, crooked but healed. So I'm still walking around with the migraines etc, so I use a cane to keep me from falling in public...lol
You mean the cane isn't for threatening people who want to mess with your IROC? ;)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Wow, what kind of accident? I go in this month to have injections in my neck where I fractured vertebraes. The MRI I just had found that arthritis has set in that area. The injections really help with my migraines. It seems to give me relief for about 6 to 8 months.
Wow, I was an over the road truck driver and fell backwards out of the cab of my truck about 10 feet to the pavement, sort of like I was trying to make a snow angel in the pavement without the actual snow. Shattered my right wrist rendering it almost useless, broke my neck in 3 places, got my 16th traumatic brain injury with concussion and causes pain in my neck and head on a pain scale of 7 to 9. My 'upper right extremity' hurts all the time. It happened in 2003. Caused me to lose a career that I was good at and loved, and made me relatively useless. Have severe short term memory loss, and my sister saw my lack of cognition at times and it drove her nuts when I would go back in the house to ask her the same question 3 times while I was feeding her animals. It made me feel like an idiot.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You mean the cane isn't for threatening people who want to mess with your IROC? ;)
Of course and in an instant I have and won't ever do it again. You know why? Guy tailgating me and we go thru the brake check thing, flipping each other off etc. Light turns red and the jerk stopped!! I'da run it,(?) so anyway, I get out an verbally accost him at the light. Oh, I was behind him. The sissie won't roll his window down and after all HE started it, so in a fit of frustration and rage I swung the cane like a baseball putting a big dent in his VW Jetta's front fender. Light changes, guy leaves, I get in my car deciding I needed to go home, I make a u-turn and go, and about 10 minutes an Oregon State Trooper red lights me...holy sh*t...so to make a long funny horrible story shorter, the cop in our discussion about my driving, he tells me I have the only red 3rd generation IROC in Benton County, there's a white one some miles away. I accused him of exaggerating and he showed me in his computer. Frankly, that takes a whole lotta fun out of driving. Damn

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Great that she is in good spirits. At her age I would think the sooner she can get off of pain meds the better. Would hate to see someone so young having problems with addiction.
Tell her to stay strong and we are hoping the best for her.
Hey Ray.... Stay strong.. we are hoping the best for you :) ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
A final update on the Ships Galley cabinet project. Today we made our final trip into the Port of Baltimore to drop off the finished cabinet. As promised, a picture chronology of the work. (Sorry for too many pix).

Condition of Cabinet When We Picked it Up

E4124DFD-329D-47ED-8115-DDC8C88B26A1.jpeg229EBCAF-29F1-4B73-8DFE-E80E786A608D.jpegBC9E38F0-F0C5-46F6-9E3E-4B024DDA825F.jpeg39905CED-76B3-4632-81E4-C837F3942E12.jpeg

Sanding & Painting & Varnishing

3B8E61E6-0865-4F93-AD2B-F5940B9F5FE4.jpeg BE13527D-99A9-404C-BB43-E6103DFE2DD5.jpeg C3347AA9-80EB-483F-B6AE-B4CEA7F25D3E.jpeg B78EB344-4F2A-4831-B26C-E06FB95784D3.jpeg

Finishing Up
3B8E61E6-0865-4F93-AD2B-F5940B9F5FE4.jpeg CB98E1B1-76E9-4EEE-A57A-B6F8B328B989.jpeg E3DC253F-7FB9-4105-BE78-310D662BF938.jpeg

Delivery to Port & Workshop Area - Pride Wrapped

C44D3977-6810-4B24-839D-4457D75D08E7.jpeg CFD5819D-676B-4334-B317-A96E4EBC4E9B.jpeg 34D0F616-8CBC-48B3-9702-2315FBCF65A1.jpeg 4763CE8D-E6AB-46E9-9B5F-5C89AA1F5955.jpeg

We parked next to this little boat while we made our delivery...

1ED0B9F8-8F35-4630-95EE-2F6BEB12BEA1.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Maybe you could do a heavy duty cleaning of the suction cup and then position Arrow's betta leaf lounger on a different part of the tank glass (wall). Possibly even use a paper towel to wipe off that part of the glass on the inside of the tank, in case it's slimy.
I faithfully clean all that every week and the glass. I use several slices of spunge soaked in conditioned distilled for the walls. The suction cup disk just quits working after a month or two. Sooo... I Will find a simple palm tree ornament that he can sit on and take a little dive off. Or make it myself.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
A final update on the Ships Galley cabinet project. Today we made our final trip into the Port of Baltimore to drop off the finished cabinet. As promised, a picture chronology of the work. (Sorry for too many pix).

Condition of Cabinet When We Picked it Up

View attachment 312205View attachment 312206View attachment 312207View attachment 312208

Sanding & Painting & Varnishing

View attachment 312211 View attachment 312210 View attachment 312209 View attachment 312218

Finishing Up
View attachment 312211 View attachment 312216 View attachment 312217

Delivery to Port & Workshop Area - Pride Wrapped

View attachment 312219 View attachment 312220 View attachment 312221 View attachment 312222

We parked next to this little boat while we made our delivery...

View attachment 312223

Awesome!! Beautiful work! I hope you get to tour the ship after everything is installed. I saw some more beautiful works in progress in that workshop!!!