COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Nothing happened here.. (from the hurricane..). A bit of rain yesterday.. nothing abnormal..

Got daughter scheduled for surgery at the Texas orthopedic hospital in Houston on Tuesday. Will probably be laid up with her for a week over there. It’s going to be a Long surgery but the think they can fix some things. There will undoubtedly be other surgeries to fix some of the things that must be done just to get her arm function back. We don’t care. We are ecstatic that she may get some use of her arm back and scared to death that she may not.. At least it’s a possibility now.. We are still going through with our halloweeen party and any talk of the accident is banned for the day. We are putting it aside and enjoying the day .. I think I may start early:))
( what else is new??) LOL!! Good night folks!
I'm hoping for the best!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I’m sure you all wanted to see the finished product. I’ll be sending out gift boxes of tasty kale chips soon! Please pre-order ?. A bit of fresh tasty hummus and BAM, Bob’s your Uncle.

View attachment 310167
Oh so that is why I do with Pooh I pick up from my Leopard! That’s for the life hack?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My sister kept my son when I went to Houston last Friday and I dropped him off at her office.. Joe’s painting of Cinder and Rylee was framed and displayed as big as you please right behind her desk!
That's really nice. A lady that's been a really big support for Joe's art may check out the tortoise forum soon. Her name is Sheryl Fey. She really loved the dog paintings that we've been able to inspire from him. Also the Christmas cards but she hasn't been able to see those yet. She was working with the developmentally disabled like my brother for the county and has been a great support for him every since. She's been retired for a while but still interested in Joe's art. Covid isn't allowing us to contact people right now so... she's already thinking prints or actual paintings for veterinarians... I could see her wheels turning when she left the other day.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That's really nice. A lady that's been a really big support for Joe's art may check out the tortoise forum soon. Her name is Sheryl Fey. She really loved the dog paintings that we've been able to inspire from him. Also the Christmas cards but she hasn't been able to see those yet. She was working with the developmentally disabled like my brother for the county and has been a great support for him every since. She's been retired for a while but still interested in Joe's art. Covid isn't allowing us to contact people right now so... she's already thinking prints or actual paintings for veterinarians... I could see her wheels turning when she left the other day.?
That is awesome! I bet it really makes Joe feel good too.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Autumn is definitely here now following Zeta. Sun popped out....but it’s chilly, blustery. We spent time tiday working on the Ships galley box. Lots of scraping of old varnish & paint.

Sully happily munching away on banana leaves, corn husks & kale. Enjoying his indoor time. “Sunny” & warm. It’s 90 in his area, 50 outside.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Autumn is definitely here now following Zeta. Sun popped out....but it’s chilly, blustery. We spent time tiday working on the Ships galley box. Lots of scraping of old varnish & paint.

Sully happily munching away on banana leaves, corn husks & kale. Enjoying his indoor time. “Sunny” & warm. It’s 90 in his area, 50 outside.

4B4FC1EE-D5E8-49F8-8185-364FD58D54AD.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you! And the best news for today... They are qualifying Cinder as an emotional support dog so she gets to go!!!! The thought of leaving her for a week or more was driving me nuts...
I want to do that for Dilly and Joe... but Dilly has to be with me also. Then I have to have my little ones too like Sapphire and Razberri. I can just see our hospital rooms ? they'll get everyone better as quickly as they can.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

It was really beautiful this morning. Even though it was cold and the whole sky was covered with dark clouds, it was sunny and bright. It's supposed to freeze tonight for the first time. I'll bet if we have the same tonight into morning, we'll wake up to our first snow fall of the season.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This thread seems to do better with me not in it.
So, I'm off, see what's happening in a few months time.
I will do the last post of 'The Tort Who walked by Herself' when The Tidgmeister dictates.
All of you who are not very well, sick, depressed, relatives suffering and so on, I really hope things pick up for you and yours. My year has been terrible, two of my best friends dead.
I only came on here to post Bee's passing, but have loved the fun since.
Thank you.
Sorry you're disappearing for a while - take care but don't leave it too long before you come back.

Last edited: