COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Yeah true that,
I'll probably get some hibiscus
You're hitting that part of the year that they should start marking down shrubs and similar plants soon. Check out the herbs, too... If there are any still left. I don't know if your torts would be interested in things like mint, oregano, or thyme, or not. The herbs (for human consumption) wouldn't have any systemic pesticides in them.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning my friends!! It’s Wednesday:) that means I’ve made it almost a full week adjusting to new schedules, getting Jess on some type of schedule, getting back into my Work role, catching up on household duties, etc... Jess is s adjusting with her situation and is often in a serendipitous mood...:) I’m blessed..View attachment 307689 this was Monday after her first OT appointment.. I try to keep her busy so she doesn't have A lot of time to think ?
She looks happy despite all she's been through. It's too bad that boy's family won't let him face the consequences of his actions and get the real help he obviously needs. They'll pay for it now or later.?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nothing yet ? There is not one single public write up about it either ? I have called the detective numerous times to discuss and to get her phone back and my calls are not being returned.. I know that when the detective finishes the casework, he is supposed to turn it all over to the District Attorney’s for them to file charges... Somethis is very suspicious though. The detective has told me things that don’t add up and this is being kept way too quiet.. The boy that “accidentally” shot her was driving under the influence of alcohol at the time this happened.. he has been ticketed for NOTHING at this point... I have been very occupied getting Jess situated and have not been able to pursue very much but you can bet your last dollar that I certainly am very soon! Jess has an OT appointment Monday, vascular surgeon appointment Wednesday and hopefully suture and staple removal and finally an orthopedic surgeon appointment Thursday next week.. we still don’t have the pain management set up yet.. it doesn’t leave a lot of time in between ?

And no problems with one’s children is ever minor... Still praying for your daughters speedy recovery as well.
I think it's time for you to contact the human interest dept. of your local paper and see if they can chase down the story for you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
66° this morning. ? My body is aching all over. Hope all is going well.
@JoesMum and @EllieMay hope everything is going good. Also anyone else that has negative effects on your family's.
Will try to catch up here in the CDR. I am at the entrance of the burrow that Opo made for me. Looking out and trying to decide if I will turn around and isolate or come back into the world.
Have someone coming over tomorrow to try and sell me solar panels for my house.
He or she will have a tough time with the mood I am in at the moment.
I am going to treat the situation like when I was a UAW union rep. and they are management. Should be fun!?
Yea you do live in the sunshine state but 66 is very chilly even here for me. And that's what our temps are running now too. I'm running the furnace. At night it's even worse. My bones do weird stuff when it's cold. So get warmed up like a tort so you can come out of your burrow. I actually think a solar system in Florida is a good place for it. You have those beautiful clear blue skies almost every day ❤️ with the? shine that it takes. Sorry to talk your eyes ? off.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
You can do this Ray!! Just imagine Life as that annoying dude that you used to know and then kick him in the nuts :). (Life... not the salesman)

hey... just for a laugh... maybe he should kick them both in the nutz?
it would (if nothing else) .. make him feel better and take his anger out of his body.
???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy end of September. It was supposed to pretty much rain all day today, instead the minor rain storm moved through quickly leaving behind clean cool air. Blue sky - no humidity. Off kayaking tomorrow, should be equally as nice.

Sounds & looks like most CDRs and family are sort of through the dark tunnel with light at the end! ??

During our rainy spell the other day, wifey and I crafted another wee tea light from that old Cherry limb I picked up months ago. Cherry with a dark epoxy inlay, slight coat of finish to highlight the grain. A glossy finish to bring out the inlay.

View attachment 307696
I love seeing your projects with wood.