COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
During our rainy spell the other day, wifey and I crafted another wee tea light from that old Cherry limb I picked up months ago. Cherry with a dark epoxy inlay, slight coat of finish to highlight the grain. A glossy finish to bring out the inlay.

View attachment 307696
It's lovely. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I hope you figure my mission out as it's the last day. Gammon and chips for dinner now. Then a bowl of ice cream with hopefully some condensed milk on top???

Be careful not to get diabetes in the mean time.
As for your mission..?
Someone already said it was to not say the word cheese...
So what could it be???.....?
Dam....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hope you figure my mission out as it's the last day. Gammon and chips for dinner now. Then a bowl of ice cream with hopefully some condensed milk on top???
@Tidgy's Dad - I'm calling Amron's mission to name as many dairy products as possible in one sentence.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Happy end of September. It was supposed to pretty much rain all day today, instead the minor rain storm moved through quickly leaving behind clean cool air. Blue sky - no humidity. Off kayaking tomorrow, should be equally as nice.

Sounds & looks like most CDRs and family are sort of through the dark tunnel with light at the end! ??

During our rainy spell the other day, wifey and I crafted another wee tea light from that old Cherry limb I picked up months ago. Cherry with a dark epoxy inlay, slight coat of finish to highlight the grain. A glossy finish to bring out the inlay.

View attachment 307696
Nice.
And a positive attitude.
Points.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Daughter is improving day by day. Things are still a bit wobbly, but the world is moving around less when she moves her head. She has made it downstairs the last two days which is massive progress. I am not convinced she will be back at work next week, but maybe the week after.

Compared with Jess’s troubles, my daughter’s problems seem minor. What’s happened with the police investigation @EllieMay?
Nothing yet ? There is not one single public write up about it either ? I have called the detective numerous times to discuss and to get her phone back and my calls are not being returned.. I know that when the detective finishes the casework, he is supposed to turn it all over to the District Attorney’s for them to file charges... Somethis is very suspicious though. The detective has told me things that don’t add up and this is being kept way too quiet.. The boy that “accidentally” shot her was driving under the influence of alcohol at the time this happened.. he has been ticketed for NOTHING at this point... I have been very occupied getting Jess situated and have not been able to pursue very much but you can bet your last dollar that I certainly am very soon! Jess has an OT appointment Monday, vascular surgeon appointment Wednesday and hopefully suture and staple removal and finally an orthopedic surgeon appointment Thursday next week.. we still don’t have the pain management set up yet.. it doesn’t leave a lot of time in between ?

And no problems with one’s children is ever minor... Still praying for your daughters speedy recovery as well.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That is an American Plumber issue as well! Good ones are very hard to find
Yes yes yes. I need to hire one also but hiring a bad one is my real fear. Because of the way our home was built at least 50 years ago. So I keep putting some needed remodeling off.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
66° this morning. ? My body is aching all over. Hope all is going well.
@JoesMum and @EllieMay hope everything is going good. Also anyone else that has negative effects on your family's.
Will try to catch up here in the CDR. I am at the entrance of the burrow that Opo made for me. Looking out and trying to decide if I will turn around and isolate or come back into the world.
Have someone coming over tomorrow to try and sell me solar panels for my house.
He or she will have a tough time with the mood I am in at the moment.
I am going to treat the situation like when I was a UAW union rep. and they are management. Should be fun!?
You can do this Ray!! Just imagine Life as that annoying dude that you used to know and then kick him in the nuts :). (Life... not the salesman)

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Nothing yet ? There is not one single public write up about it either ? I have called the detective numerous times to discuss and to get her phone back and my calls are not being returned.. I know that when the detective finishes the casework, he is supposed to turn it all over to the District Attorney’s for them to file charges... Somethis is very suspicious though. The detective has told me things that don’t add up and this is being kept way too quiet.. The boy that “accidentally” shot her was driving under the influence of alcohol at the time this happened.. he has been ticketed for NOTHING at this point... I have been very occupied getting Jess situated and have not been able to pursue very much but you can bet your last dollar that I certainly am very soon! Jess has an OT appointment Monday, vascular surgeon appointment Wednesday and hopefully suture and staple removal and finally an orthopedic surgeon appointment Thursday next week.. we still don’t have the pain management set up yet.. it doesn’t leave a lot of time in between ?
I'm inclined to agree... That story is likely to get more interesting (and convoluted) before the truth comes out. Even in Texas, one would expect something like that to make the news... ?

Is the boy's family well connected?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I think it's amazing and wonderful that Jess is up and about and looking pretty well. :)
The situation looked pretty dismal no that long ago.
Yes! She has Ray’s sense of humor.. she says that if she does end up losing her arm, she is going to make up a cool story to tell everyone.. I think that she is leaning towards a giant catfish noodling adventure... I support whatever it takes to get her through this!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I'm inclined to agree... That story is likely to get more interesting (and convoluted) before the truth comes out. Even in Texas, one would expect something like that to make the news... ?

Is the boy's family well connected?
I believe that his legal guardian works for the sheriffs department...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I would pay a lot of good money to be able to get 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Or just to feel like I couldn’t sleep again.... Teach me to ***** about insomnia ?
It's very odd for me to take a nap. I ate those darn crackers, cheese, and chili fig spread and couldn't help myself. I've always been a person that sleeps around 6.5 hours a day and feel my best. Now I'm older and if I eat in the afternoon I sleep. I hate taking a nap cause I want to be alive and kicking everyday ?