COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
it’s the standard hardy bamboo. I’m thinking if i chop it up and prune the branches That i can sellmthe bamboo stalks as garden stakes. 6 or 8 ft lengths.
I love that type of bamboo. I still have some little pieces of small stems from Florida. Those make cute hanging ear rings and beads. The large pieces are sold probably at hobby lobbys. I doubt they would import it when we have a native bamboo. It's also good for laying across a road that has become a sloppy unpassable mud puddle in the swamp. Great stuff.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Sooooo, our NextDoor newsletter has me down as a.person to contact to trim back trees & branches & remove. Wifey and I went over to a property today (a flipper) that needs “work”. In addition to trimming back trees and branches and cutting down a big tree & a ton of bamboo..... the entire property seems to be flooded with groundwater.

Ok....how much soggy ground water? Enough that I sank up to my left knee and lost my shoe!

View attachment 306459
Oh no. Hopefully when it dries up, if it ever does you can get it back. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That's all so true. I'm 67 and small. Even children treat me like I'm a child because they're bigger. If I'm swollen I look normal to doctors. Young adults expect me to keep up with them. Even the medical boots don't work. I was ridiculed by an elderly woman for using one of those motorized shopping carts. I had a medical stabilizer on my leg that covered almost my whole left leg. The moral of the story is to treat people with respect and don't assume. It makes an *** out of U and ME. Anyway I had a teacher in around the 6th grade that said that and I try not to forget it.?
Good point.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Everyone has a talent. It's something you just want to do because you love it. It only takes a few minutes a day to start developing it. ?
Absolutely. Even being nasty or sarcastic or pessimistic or stingy with mission clues is a talent. You just have to work at it. Wait don't include being stingy with mission clues in that list. I definitely don't want you to get talented at that. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
They went very well! I had never had an MRI before, so I was a bit nervous about it. I'm not overly claustrophobic, but I could panic under certain circumstances. I was in the "tube" for a solid hour, not once brought out til I was done. It didn't bother me at all! No fear, it was loud, but they gave me earplugs to lessen the noise a bit. I did get really hot, and was soaked through when I was done, but that was a minor inconvenience.

The scans were of my lumbar and sacral area of my spine. I've been having some nerve pain down the back of my legs. Just checking it out.

Thanks for your concern! ?
Oh dear. I hope that it isn't anything serious. And I am glad that it went well. I have had two before as well and for the one, the music that was supppsed to play through the earplugs did not work. I ended up with a headache afterwards because of the noise. But it had to be done.