COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
didn't you say you have to make tort. Dollies? Bows the perfect time. If I find a pattern online I will send it your way.
Hope your feeling better. Just keep telling yourself .... it’s allergies.
And tell Corona virus to sod off !
(I hope I spelled that correctly?) not exactly sure if it means something REALLY dirty or is it ok to say?? anyway feel better. ?
Doilies

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Don’t forget the pictures ☺??

Of course. Now it’s time to get hot and sweaty pushing the lawn mower in the back garden area. Usually in mid-Summer things like grass stop growing, turn brown due to a lack of rain. This year, we’ve been “lucky” with multiple thunderstorms. Keeps everything green & growing. ???

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Of course. Now it’s time to get hot and sweaty pushing the lawn mower in the back garden area. Usually in mid-Summer things like grass stop growing, turn brown due to a lack of rain. This year, we’ve been “lucky” with multiple thunderstorms. Keeps everything green & growing. ???

I just came back in from that exact thing.. I started yesterday evening. Bushhogging, Weedeating around the gates, mosquito spraying, mowing.... I finished the mowing and then had to clean all the leaves off the trampoline this morning... the pasture and weed work on the fences has increased due to the Change in horses... my two used to handle everything and now I have only one who has allergies... sometimes I do wonder just what the hell im thinking... lol...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was going to do that very thing yesterday, but ended up using the "strimmer" on it instead. My lawn mower doesn't adjust low enough to suit me and with the strimmer I can cut clear down to the ground.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I was going to do that very thing yesterday, but ended up using the "strimmer" on it instead. My lawn mower doesn't adjust low enough to suit me and with the strimmer I can cut clear down to the ground.

See, our problem here is “usually” the rains stop in mid-Summer (about now) & things dry out, soooooooo I always cut our grass at the highest level, about five inches. The height keeps the sun from burning the grass roots out, BUT it looks scraggly quickly during good growing conditions. Sooo, i have to cut more often in the front of our house. The back gardens are a bit wilder, i have a “no mow” area too.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hot, hazy, humid morning. Gardening today, but a kayak adventure all day tomorrow. Check this space for updates.
I grew up in San Francisco, both my parents worked so I was a city kid. Could hot wire a car when I was 10. Never went camping, on a road trip, or went to a river. I love your photos

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I pulled out my mower this morning and two scorpions dropped out of it. I do not understand what is happening this year but I feel like everywhere I turn there’s a scorpion. I’m going to be buying a bunch of bags of diatomaceous earth to see if I can get rid of them without harming anything else. Has anybody had a bad experience with food grade diatomaceous earth and desert tortoises? Does anybody have some genius idea how to nuke scorpions without harming the yard for desert tortoises?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I pulled out my mower this morning and two scorpions dropped out of it. I do not understand what is happening this year but I feel like everywhere I turn there’s a scorpion. I’m going to be buying a bunch of bags of diatomaceous earth to see if I can get rid of them without harming anything else. Has anybody had a bad experience with food grade diatomaceous earth and desert tortoises? Does anybody have some genius idea how to nuke scorpions without harming the yard for desert tortoises?

The only real concern with diatomaceous earth is when it's airborne/dust.

Have you tried hunting the scorpions at night with a blacklight? Maybe doing that periodically would suppress the population.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
The only real concern with diatomaceous earth is when it's airborne/dust.

Have you tried hunting the scorpions at night with a blacklight? Maybe doing that periodically would suppress the population.
I don’t even need a black light. I just turn on the light and they’re scrambling everywhere.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Hey Maggie my friend.... thank you for correcting my poor spelling as my “spell check” on my phone is on vacation during covid (I guess).... BUT!!..... ....
I DID mean to say dollies ?
She was looking to make tortoise dollies.
(Dolls, I was just trying to make it sound cute by saying dollies)...
UNLESS.!...... she IS making a tortoise doily??? Now I’m confused???
The little stuffed animals ? and dolls we played with when we were little... didn’t you call them dollies???.... maybe I am older than I ever thought????
Holy ? !!!
Maybe I am so old I am a ????