COLD DARK ROOM

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

Location (City and/or State)
England,
I don't like them but it's nothing new to me. I use them anyway for allergies. I've found I can use the cloth ones way better. Cute picture.
When I did nursing I had to wear them. I hated them then and I still hate them now.
I know there is a reason for them. BUT. The masks won’t stop anyone from getting the virus.
to me if I’m going to get it I’m going to get it. Nowt I can do.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well hell I am set. I can play singles tennis with my wife still and feel I have many more years till I am relagated to doubles. Sad part is she is a little younger and much better than me. I am used to getting beat down, but it is darn uncomfortable for other guys that aren't used to seeing her hit. She ran two guys off yesterday after 40 minutes cause she was crushing the ball. If I move move a$$ and get it to position I can hit a mid 60's mph ground stroke. Very rarily do I over power and sadly she sends it back with more heat to which I am happy to not have the racquet knocked out of my hand.
My best advice is do it while you can. Even if you lose you gain.?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
When I did nursing I had to wear them. I hated them then and I still hate them now.
I know there is a reason for them. BUT. The masks won’t stop anyone from getting the virus.
I just like them cause they contain so much of a persons sneeze. Mythbusters ruined it for me when they did the sneeze test. Yuck makes me wanna knock em out when they dont cover!

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I just like them cause they contain so much of a persons sneeze. Mythbusters ruined it for me when they did the sneeze test. Yuck makes me wanna knock em out when they dont cover!
That’s the main reason I wear one a cough can travel around too (the saliva).

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I think the homemade doubled cloth ones work way better then even the medical ones. The medical ones always make me sick. But I can tolerate the cloth ones for long periods. They probably won't work without doing the hand washing etc though. And really our eyes are still uncovered if we don't wear glasses too. I was glad I had one on yesterday at the grocery store though. Some people are being really stupid about it. One guy sneezed in his mask as he walked past me. A young woman was running around Kroger with a mask on but pulled down exposing her mouth and nose. And pushed past me really close. Etc etc etc. My only hope is I usually don't get the real flue despite my health issues. Washing my hands isn't a new thing to me.?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I think the homemade doubled cloth ones work way better then even the medical ones. The medical ones always make me sick. But I can tolerate the cloth ones for long periods. They probably won't work without doing the hand washing etc though. And really our eyes are still uncovered if we don't wear glasses too. I was glad I had one on yesterday at the grocery store though. Some people are being really stupid about it. One guy sneezed in his mask as he walked past me. A young woman was running around Kroger with a mask on but pulled down exposing her mouth and nose. And pushed past me really close. Etc etc etc. My only hope is I usually don't get the real flue despite my health issues. Washing my hands isn't a new thing to me.?
Yes I’m looking into a cloth one. Or I’ll just get fabric and make one myself. I can be bit dandy with sowing machine haha.
I want to try get hold of some of the slide in filters. So it’s not just one layer

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Me too. It's so rude right now with people dieing right and left. Only caring for their own comfort. Pandemics are real and always have been. They happen. My brother is a victim of the 3 day measles.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
People are still panic buying in the UK. Still have limits on how many of certain items.
people these days just don’t care. Think about them selves rather than others. We are all in middle of a pandemic. And in my opinion we all need to pull together. And stick to guide lines. I never go far without my hand sanitiser. And when I get in from being out I jump straight in the shower.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes I’m looking into a cloth one. Or I’ll just get fabric and make one myself. I can be bit dandy with sowing machine haha.
I want to try get hold of some of the slide in filters. So it’s not just one layer
Double the cloth. It's just as effective. Pm me and I'll send you one for GP. They are also washable and dryable.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Surprise- I have a sewing machine and hem all my wifes slacks! They had sewing in middle chool years ago and I even help for a semester.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
One thing I don’t like about the disposable ones is they irritate my eyes. As they are pretty high up. Either that or I have a small head ?
There's something about the odor of the medical disposable ones that makes me sick. The double cloth ones actually are effective. A guy proved it online. He couldn't blow out a candle with double fabric but could with a single layer one. My pattern works better if you wear sunglasses or some kind of eyewear because it stops them from irritating your eyes and holds them in place on your nose.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
There's something about the odor of the medical disposable ones that makes me sick. The double cloth ones actually are effective. A guy proved it online. He couldn't blow out a candle with double fabric but could with a single layer one. My pattern works better if you wear sunglasses or some kind of eyewear because it stops them from irritating your eyes and holds them in place on your nose.
I am supposed to wear glasses. But I refuse. I get told I look like a posh secretary ?‍?.
compliment I dunno but still lol.
I wear me sun glasses tho

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it's been two weeks since I got the letter letting me know my credit card is cancelled and to expect the new one in the mail in five working days. And that's me, who only takes her truck out of the garage once a week, now having to drive daily to my post office box to see if the card has come. I called them today and they're going to overnight a new card with Fedex. Watch. . . the snail mail card will come Monday too!

I'm almost out of gas, the tortoises are really tired of mulberry leaves every day, and since I grocery shop from home (no credit card) there's not much in the way of good food left to eat!

Oh poor me

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well, it's been two weeks since I got the letter letting me know my credit card is cancelled and to expect the new one in the mail in five working days. And that's me, who only takes her truck out of the garage once a week, now having to drive daily to my post office box to see if the card has come. I called them today and they're going to overnight a new card with Fedex. Watch. . . the snail mail card will come Monday too!

I'm almost out of gas, the tortoises are really tired of mulberry leaves every day, and since I grocery shop from home (no credit card) there's not much in the way of good food left to eat!

Oh poor me
Oh no!!! Want me to ship you some goodies? I could overnight but I think everything may be closed until Monday...???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Oh poor me
That's awful. It's weird here too. Thank the Lord someone actually answered your call. My county is in level three here. Government offices aren't even bothering to answer the phone half the time. They just hang up. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I am good:) stayed busy outside today while my brother entertained his favorite nephew. Pouring me a glass of wine now and grilling some burgers.
Ooh sounds like a nice chilled relaxing day.
I went to reptile store earlier.
walked in rain in flip flops ?.
then sun came out so I decided to walk the long long way back home and did a 4/5 mile hike through countryside.