COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Ray, someone might have already replied... but, no. Not the same.

I moved to Oregon 15 years ago...I dug a hole then for Sulcata poop...I turn it and keep the soil loose and only add Sulcata poop and I get the biggest night crawlers you ever saw....I also use that soil on my Roses...Sulcata poop is super good fertilizer...my neighbors trade me plants for it...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes actually I do. What spices do you use?
Real salt and pepper. Maybe garlic powder sprinkled etc whatever you like. Flour and fry it in your favorite oil in a hot skillet till light brown turn it. Brown that side. Oh no! I don't have tomatoes planted yet!!!eeek!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I get those in my yard too.. jack loves em
I keep trying to transfer them to areas for a short ground cover even after the spring flowers. Everyone thinks my flowers are weeds so I have to guard them with my life. They think I'm rude when I say QUIT digging them up. Maybe my super night crawlers will make them think twice. They're huge?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I can mail some crickets that have auto generated in my new enclosure?
That’s really nice! (For me.... maybe not so much for your enclosure.... lol) I caught quite a few black ones and dug some super worms. he happily ate the home grown super worms so I just hope he doesn’t get sick from anything. All this has made me think about starting my own colonies...of stuff I guess:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Are super worms what I call a night crawler?
Naaa... a night crawler is a night crawler and we would both go catch a fat catfish with it.... a super worm is kind of like a wax worm maybe?? I honestly did I not know that I could find them here outside. I have always bought at the petstore... but I was digging for some crawlers to go fishing and happened to turn some over... I continue to learn new things daily;-)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ray, someone might have already replied... but, no. Not the same.

Aaaaaagggghhhhh!!! It’s an eBay link.... IM IN LOVE!!!!
I do have some bad news... I cut down the limb that was slam full of mistletoe toe.....there were no berries! I don’t understand because I was almost positive that I saw them! Could the squirrels have gotten them that quick? I’m sorry, I guess I should have cut it when I first found it...