COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Not long to go now!!!
Will the kids be popping back to check on the house for you once in a while?
We have all sorts of people, including the kids and my sister who fancied a trip to London with free accommodation, using the house while we are away :)

It all helps to keep the house looked after and lived in :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all. We are at last having frosts in Kent. Until yesterday we had two frosty mornings, neither particularly hard, since the start of the winter. It has been very mild and rather wet. The sunshine is glorious this morning, but it’s still 0C/32F at 9.30am.

Today’s job is to go through paperwork for school governor meetings that I can’t go to. I did promise I would forward my comments and questions when ai gave my apologies so I had better stop procrastinating! Not see you later

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
All fine! Every day we get older;-) oldest daughter turned seventeen just after Christmas.. she still has her job and faithfully pays her insurance. ( and a BF I’m not too sure about) We are gettin as many college scholarship applications as we can
Middle daughter is great. Just went back to her other mother this week as hubby left for work Thursday. Youngest so turned 6 and remains a huge mommas boy. They are my heart...
here’s my wake up crew this mornin...

now... how are you???

View attachment 285076
That's the last thing a teenager wants is mom taking a pic first thing in the morning. LOL Glad to hear everything is good with the kids. How about the other crew.
? Things are going better for me. Got thru the holidays. o_O Opo is getting in a winter routine. He waits in his hide until the angle of the sun hits his sunning spot, eats a little goes and bask. Then comes back and finishes breakfast. There has been only 4 days that it was to cool for him to come out. Have a few more days coming soon. He also finally started pooping on the ground and not always while soaking.
Rose is doing good. She just had injections in her neck again for the fractured vertebraes. I have a feeling it will be a lifetime thing.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning all. We are at last having frosts in Kent. Until yesterday we had two frosty mornings, neither particularly hard, since the start of the winter. It has been very mild and rather wet. The sunshine is glorious this morning, but it’s still 0C/32F at 9.30am.

Today’s job is to go through paperwork for school governor meetings that I can’t go to. I did promise I would forward my comments and questions when ai gave my apologies so I had better stop procrastinating! Not see you later
Good morning Linda! I can feel the excitement all the way from London ! It’s cold and sunny here too this morning... hope the paperwork is quick for you.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I had my real deal biology exam on Thursday and I feel confident that I did well. The last question was about MBD in tortoises which was perfect, I wrote so much:D
Ayyyy congrats on doing wellll !! Can’t wait to take herpetology tooooo

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That's the last thing a teenager wants is mom taking a pic first thing in the morning. LOL Glad to hear everything is good with the kids. How about the other crew.
? Things are going better for me. Got thru the holidays. o_O Opo is getting in a winter routine. He waits in his hide until the angle of the sun hits his sunning spot, eats a little goes and bask. Then comes back and finishes breakfast. There has been only 4 days that it was to cool for him to come out. Have a few more days coming soon. He also finally started pooping on the ground and not always while soaking.
Rose is doing good. She just had injections in her neck again for the fractured vertebraes. I have a feeling it will be a lifetime thing.
A teenager huh.... you just became my favorite person of the day;-) All of the critters are doing well. Tortoises are glad to take advantage of this confusing weather... Toretto is still growing,, he’s gained another lb this past month.. Pickles and Crusher are still inside torts and getting too large to be so.. I am already making plans for a spring build to move them outside... I have been spending some time with horses. My gelding is still a mommas boy and the mare messes up all of our progress. She is spoiled and crazy . I think she needs some where to focus her attention besides my horse. Daughter is too busy to ride her and she hates being left behind so I’m thinking of letting her have a foal... still just an idea at this point... bulldog has become my other child... I feel like people must be tired of seeing her pictures but there’s no way to describe how nuts I am about this dog.. she really was the perfect pick for me.. my ferrets are quite the little tricksters where she’s concerned and love to harass her.. she is the first animal in this house that hasn’t wanted to eat them... LOL

It’s nice that Opo has figured out the poop thing... it sure does make a difference..I bet Rose is grateful for the injections... they seem to be a huge relief.. it’s too bad that the wear off. I hope your finding relief from your physical and your mental pain too. Ray.. hows the grand kids. And mother-in-law?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I hope rose heals fully and soon <3 & opo continues to do well! It’s always those teenage years that are bad for our torts ;)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I had my real deal biology exam on Thursday and I feel confident that I did well. The last question was about MBD in tortoises which was perfect, I wrote so much:D
Funny how life lessons stick more than straight book learning. Jeopardy contestants routinely talk about how they did something on a lark that led to learning about an obscure person or place and BOOM- it is a Jeopardy answer.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It’s sunny here today and I’m going on a 13 hour flight and I’m so sleepy but I shall make it to nyc in no timeeeeeeee !
How can you bear to leave lovely little Honey?:(
I should think you've made sure s/he has a very reliable tort sitter though.
I bet she'll miss you while you're away.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Same here - a beautiful day here but with temps below zero.
At lest it's dry and I think it will stay dry all week.
That will give the land a good chance to soak up all the rain we've had for months.
Good luck with your paperwork!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Even though Lola is in a cosy, heated room he doesn't surface everyday. His built in barometer must warn him to stay in bed.