COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
It's amazing what some people think are worth lots of money on craigslist. This a.m. there's a guy selling "Doodle" pups for $1000 each. And it's not a mis print because he spelled it out - one thousand. The mother is australian shepherd and the dad is miniature poodle. So he expects to get $1000 for a mutt pup.

00909_9wFR0cie1qm_600x450.jpg
Wow. That is a lot of money. Crazy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’m going to ask you wise folks of the CDR something that’s had me thinking.

So I was having a conversation with one of my cousins today, he was telling me about something that happened to him this week and this story involved a shopping assistant who was black. My cousin continually referred to him as “The black shopping assistant”. And it had me thinking, he wouldn’t say “The white shopping assistant” If he was white. never in a million years. I personally would of just referred to him as “The shopping assistant” as his appearance isn’t relevant at all!

Let me know what you think.
Same here.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I cleaned out our nest boxes in September and haven’t bothered checking the camera... until last night.

It was a wild and wet night and this little ball of feathers was snoozing away
View attachment 283677
I honestly couldn’t identify it, but it stirred and turned into a bluet-it (the species that nested there in the spring)
View attachment 283678
So puffed up! It was cold out there!
Shame poor thing.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening to all.. just got caught up on all of your posts. Have a couple of “dogging around” pics for you. Blew away most of the leaves in my tortoise yard today, worked from home a little while, gave all my critters some extra attention.. cooked an easy supper and took care of bath and homework for little kid. Now it’s forum time with a nice glass of sweet red..

View attachment 283693 View attachment 283694
Love the dress.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Sjoe, finally caught up again. Had to get all my work done before I go on leave. Today is the last working day then back in the office on the 6th again. Yayyyyy I cannot wait. I am so over this right now and cannot wait.
Looks like everyone has been having some fun. Love all the pics of the cards and sketches. Still waiting for more to come for me and for mine to start arriving at their destinations.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I hadn't been in my art room in a couple days due to just being busy. Walked in this morning to a lovely surprise from my Christmas cactus! I have never gotten to see it bloom fully before. When I bought it a few years ago it got over watered by the store and dropped it's buds shortly after I got it home. We talked about them the other day, so had to share. IMG_20191213_071724179~2.jpg

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I hadn't been in my art room in a couple days due to just being busy. Walked in this morning to a lovely surprise from my Christmas cactus! I have never gotten to see it bloom fully before. When I bought it a few years ago it got over watered by the store and dropped it's buds shortly after I got it home. We talked about them the other day, so had to share. View attachment 283718

Really nice. Same salmon color like ours. It’s still flowering today, about 50 blooms!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning all. I was up bright and early to take JoesDad to the station. We had rain yesterday evening and a hard frost overnight. It was really difficult to break into my car as the doors were welded shut with ice! We were at the polling station as it opened at 7am so that’s today.

The day holds a Hep A vaccination for my travels next ... but improves considerably in the evening as we are going to hear Handel’s Messiah sung by a huge choir! :)

Have a good day everyone!
Hello. We go through frozen shut vehicle doors too. If you're allowed environmentally in the UK, isopropyl alcohol will unfreeze the door. Just spay lightly into the door frame as best you can...wait...then knock along the door maybe. The door usually will open. One of my brothers taught me that easy trick.
That is the beauty of this place. Surprises keep jumping out at you and you can carry on with conversations a whole week later.
I know I just love it...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sjoe, finally caught up again. Had to get all my work done before I go on leave. Today is the last working day then back in the office on the 6th again. Yayyyyy I cannot wait. I am so over this right now and cannot wait.
Looks like everyone has been having some fun. Love all the pics of the cards and sketches. Still waiting for more to come for me and for mine to start arriving at their destinations.
I've been waiting on 4 or 5 on pins and needles. I'll know if even one single card is MIA.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I cleaned out our nest boxes in September and haven’t bothered checking the camera... until last night.

It was a wild and wet night and this little ball of feathers was snoozing away
View attachment 283677
I honestly couldn’t identify it, but it stirred and turned into a bluet-it (the species that nested there in the spring)
View attachment 283678
So puffed up! It was cold out there!
I didn't see this and it's so amazing. Evidently blue-its feel like they've found a home.