Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Trying to answer an email from my son:
Patch and Rusty 12-11-19 a.jpg Patch and Rusty 12-11-19 b.jpg

Patch, the calico, watches TV and sits right in front of it trying to figure it out.She also watches the letters and cursor on the computer screen.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 283685 View attachment 283686

Patch, the calico, watches TV and sits right in front of it trying to figure it out.She also watches the letters and cursor on the computer screen.
That's too funny. They're such a smart species. I once had several cats. They would sit in a row and watch the news flowing across the bottom of the tv...their heads going back and forth. It was so funny.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The very fact that he uses the word black says a lot about your cousin, I’m afraid, Ben, It’s not considered politically correct due to its association with apartheid and segregation. In this case the skin tone is, as you say, completely irrelevant. I’d have pulled him up on it.

When my daughter was aged about 3 she came home raving about a new boy called Jacob in her nursery who was her new friend. I asked her at the nursery which one was Jacob. She responded “The one with the curly hair”. He was the only non white-European child in the room, but what she focussed on was his curls! I still feel proud of that colour-blind moment.
I've had similar incidents with our children too... I think most young people love to play together. They have to be taught to dislike each other.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Who Knew? In my search for a few bales of (in short supply) orchard grass, I found a Hay App that lists out buyers & sellers of hay for the US.

Was able to find a farm thats not too far away, that has some...good prices I think.

• Costs per bale - some for 6.50 & 7.50 and the second cut is $10 and some bales are mixed with alfalfa for 12.50. All organic -no sprays, pesticides or preservatives.
Yes, good prices. Much better than feed & supply houses.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
How’s this for a good deal...four brand new LED bulbs for forty cents! Damaged cardboard box containers laned these bulbs in the clearance isle in our WalMart. Thirteen year bulbs!

View attachment 283682
The clearance isle is the most likely place to find me if you happen upon my truck in a Walmart parking lot.. nice find!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
View attachment 283685 View attachment 283686

It’ll need one of those Busy colorful screen savers that has lots of movement... bet she’d get some fun out of that:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening to all.. just got caught up on all of your posts. Have a couple of “dogging around” pics for you. Blew away most of the leaves in my tortoise yard today, worked from home a little while, gave all my critters some extra attention.. cooked an easy supper and took care of bath and homework for little kid. Now it’s forum time with a nice glass of sweet red..

AC16F7E6-0DFA-42C4-810C-8B628A479A58.jpeg 04FCF9D3-FC76-489D-90DC-810C8CA46E8B.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all. I was up bright and early to take JoesDad to the station. We had rain yesterday evening and a hard frost overnight. It was really difficult to break into my car as the doors were welded shut with ice! We were at the polling station as it opened at 7am so that’s today.

The day holds a Hep A vaccination for my travels next ... but improves considerably in the evening as we are going to hear Handel’s Messiah sung by a huge choir! :)

Have a good day everyone!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning all. I was up bright and early to take JoesDad to the station. We had rain yesterday evening and a hard frost overnight. It was really difficult to break into my car as the doors were welded shut with ice! We were at the polling station as it opened at 7am so that’s today.

The day holds a Hep A vaccination for my travels next ... but improves considerably in the evening as we are going to hear Handel’s Messiah sung by a huge choir! :)

Good morning Linda! Glad the voting is now over for you. So you have earned the right to Enjoy your concert this afternoon. Sounds like a nice date!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Wow, lucky you, a concert tonight. Love the Messiah.... enjoy!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Just back from my vaccination. Went for Hep A ... had Tetanus! It seems my Hep A hadn’t expired... but my Tetanus had. Anti-Tetanus always makes my shoulder ache.

And just in case I hadn’t had enough of needles being stuck in me, the nurse decided I needed a blood test to check my thyroid function (I have to get it checked regularly)

Ah well, maybe a hot chocolate will help me recover :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! I just watched one of those video side bars they show on FB. It was of a fireman that dressed up like an elf when he wasn't on duty and instigated random pillow fights with strangers on the street. They showed several down and dirty pillow fights, then they showed him handing one of the pillows to an elderly lady. She swung the pillow at him very lightly, wouldn't have hurt a flea, and he fell down like he was down for the count. It made me laugh outloud! So unexpected. She was laughing too and then helped him up.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ohhh I love them!! I have always wanted to wear those but my feet are already huge so when I put those on they just look ridiculous!!
Yep. I look like a little old lady with monster feet. But that's ok with me. My feet are warm and I have snowshoes.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
LOL! I just watched one of those video side bars they show on FB. It was of a fireman that dressed up like an elf when he wasn't on duty and instigated random pillow fights with strangers on the street. They showed several down and dirty pillow fights, then they showed him handing one of the pillows to an elderly lady. She swung the pillow at him very lightly, wouldn't have hurt a flea, and he fell down like he was down for the count. It made me laugh outloud! So unexpected. She was laughing too and then helped him up.

I saw one of those old lady videos gone viral recently. It was so cute. She was flexing her muscles and saying, "I might look old and feeble but I've been working out." It was so funny. Every time I think about it I laugh.