COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
December 4. My next card was from Ed, @ZEROPILOT

View attachment 283479

Thank you, Ed! I had to google a bit about the Gamecocks because I know next to nothing about American football. Interestingly, one of the stamps on the envelope depicted USS Missouri. I went to university in Missouri, which reminded me to check how our Tigers were doing. Apparently they fared just a little better than the Gamecocks.

View attachment 283480

Wow, I've learned a lot thanks to this card! :tort::<3:
P.S. Ed, how's your chameleon?

Kristoff, I’m still scratching my head how you attended University of Missouri!?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's raining, so I'm stuck in the house. Misty wouldn't go out to take care of her morning ablutions, so I have to watch for 'in between' times and take her out once it stops for a minute or two.

I have some left over ham so I'm going for scalloped potatoes for lunch. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

I ordered a bunch of Christmas presents from Amazon and I'm expecting it to be delivered today. I have to keep watching for that too so the boxes don't have to sit in the rain. The Amazon delivery guy normally tosses Amazon boxes over the fence into the desert tortoise yard, instead of dropping them inside the gate like my sign says to. I think I heard that Amazon has hired private partys as their delivery people.

Today would be a good day to take care of house cleaning - NOT!
Yea you'd think if you put a sign out it would work. Please don't drop a package on my tortoise drop it here instead. It's just respect for a persons home.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I too am loving all the cards coming in. I will probably wait and send one big picture after I get them all in. My family loves seeing them too. I am thoroughly enjoying seeing everyone else’s posts though. This time of year really seems to bring out the creativity and (and yes, Mark) hidden talent in the CDR.. just in case any of you were wondering, I don’t have any
I beg to differ.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Saint Barbara’s Day. Wifey cooked up “Burbara” - a special grain treat for us to savor this morning.

Eid il-Burbara or Saint Barbara's day is celebrated in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Palestine, Israel among Arab Christians annually on December 4. The traditional food for the occasion is Burbara, a bowl of boiled barley, pomegranate seeds, raisins, anise and sugar. Walnuts or almonds can be added. The general belief among Lebanese Christians is that Saint Barbara disguised herself in numerous characters to elude the Romans who were persecuting her.

Want to read more & see who else celebrates? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Barbara
I would have to use dates.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
:eek: :D
I bet Heather has a ton, but doesn't know which one to choose from. It doesn't have to be something artsy. A gift with animals or with kids is a talent too, for example. ;)
:eek: :D
I bet Heather has a ton, but doesn't know which one to choose from. It doesn't have to be something artsy. A gift with animals or with kids is a talent too, for example. ;)
awwwww... your being kind. Your snowman was REALLY loved btw... Jayden has a special wall that his “wow” portraits go on & that’s where your snowman is! Pretty impressive that he shared his space but he loved that you thought of him

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good evening everyone. Hope all is well. Finished up putting stones in the flower beds today. I had a little accident while grabbing one of the bags of stones out of the back of the van. I lost my balance and fell. Thank God I didn't get hurt. Tried to get back in my chair before my wife saw. But she caught me and freaked out.
Brought Opo in last night. Got down to the lower 40's. The Kane mat keeps his bottom side warm but the rest of the box is in the 70's. The RHP should be here any day now. Good thing I put caster wheels on his box. Today before it warmed up enough for him to go outside. He was like a little kid looking for trouble. Soaked him in his pool last night in the shower. Today it was warm enough to soak him outside. After the soak he grazed until he got cold. Walked into the screen porch, in the house and right to his box for bedtime.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening everyone. Hope all is well. Finished up putting stones in the flower beds today. I had a little accident while grabbing one of the bags of stones out of the back of the van. I lost my balance and fell. Thank God I didn't get hurt. Tried to get back in my chair before my wife saw. But she caught me and freaked out.
Brought Opo in last night. Got down to the lower 40's. The Kane mat keeps his bottom side warm but the rest of the box is in the 70's. The RHP should be here any day now. Good thing I put caster wheels on his box. Today before it warmed up enough for him to go outside. He was like a little kid looking for trouble. Soaked him in his pool last night in the shower. Today it was warm enough to soak him outside. After the soak he grazed until he got cold. Walked into the screen porch, in the house and right to his box for bedtime.
Good evening to you too. Reads like a wonderful day with Rose and Opo...and the boss has everything under control.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Our house in WA is now pending! I'm excited to see it sell.
We started talking to some of the banks/ loan agencies about getting approved for a farm loan.. they want you to choose a place then them approve it. The farms want you to be pre-approved before coming to see them! It's turning into a runabout.
Tried to talk to some folks at the local FSA but they were unhelpful. We might try a different FSA in another town, perhaps they will be a bit more informative.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am curious, How did she save your life? You cannot drop something like that into the conversation and not share the story!
Ok I will. It's so complicated to tell all of the story. I'll try though. The day I bought her I kept hearing in my mind and heart...Go get your rabbit...and even though my logic was saying no my foot was on the gas peddle to just go look and see. I found her and she's the only rabbit I've ever met that loved being held. In 2014, I was as usual holding her like a baby. When I tried to get up my foot got caught and I went flying through the air with her still in my arms. The only thing I had time to think about was how to not squish her. I was able to place her safely on the floor as I hit the floor. The act of helping her kept me from cracking my head as bad as my kneecap. By trying to place her not under me my arm kept my head safe. I still think the Lord made me buy her even though she was a pain in the butt... she was just so active.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

It’s good you didn't kill urself falling! Thats usually when things happen... looks like Opo is learning new tricks. The RHP install will only take a few minutes...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Our house in WA is now pending! I'm excited to see it sell.
We started talking to some of the banks/ loan agencies about getting approved for a farm loan.. they want you to choose a place then them approve it. The farms want you to be pre-approved before coming to see them! It's turning into a runabout.
Tried to talk to some folks at the local FSA but they were unhelpful. We might try a different FSA in another town, perhaps they will be a bit more informative.

Ever since the big banking/mortgage/housing crisis a few years back lending agencies are very very cautious. All kinds of new regulations on lending on the books. Good luck.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yea you'd think if you put a sign out it would work. Please don't drop a package on my tortoise drop it here instead. It's just respect for a persons home.
Well, the tracking info for my package has changed. It used to say "shipped," but now it says it will be delivered by Monday. I ordered it Wednesday. This is two packages of different meats and one package of cheese cake samplers from Omaha Steaks. I've ordered the meat before and it's great stuff. It comes frozen, packed in dry ice. But since it's going to be 'in transit' for 12 days, I'm wondering how long is that dry ice going to keep the meat frozen? I'd hate to poison my family.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good mornooning all from a cold and frosty Kent.

my back’s a little stiff but otherwise everything is fine.

I had an unexpected friend request on Facebook from John last night.

I have sent him the link to the CDR’s extension on FB. :)
Oh really? I'm glad to know he's still ok then. What's his name on FB, I'd like to send him a friend request.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Well, the tracking info for my package has changed. It used to say "shipped," but now it says it will be delivered by Monday. I ordered it Wednesday. This is two packages of different meats and one package of cheese cake samplers from Omaha Steaks. I've ordered the meat before and it's great stuff. It comes frozen, packed in dry ice. But since it's going to be 'in transit' for 12 days, I'm wondering how long is that dry ice going to keep the meat frozen? I'd hate to poison my family.

I’d give Omaha Steaks a call and voice your “concern”. Unacceptable for frozen steaks to be “in transit” that long. They are a pretty reputable company with a long tradition of providing top notch products. I’m sure they will do something to re-ship your products in an expedited manner. 12 days shipping for meats - unacceptable (me thinks).