COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I am 100% freaked out.. my son just walked up to me;he's three years old; after watching baby cartoons with his baby sister in his room: and told me plain as day my grandma died... Okay I'm very very freaked out. I remember being 8 and I saw my grandma right after she died in surgery. I remember it so vividly.. is this a real thing kids do? I cannot figure out where in the world he came up with that terrible thing to come tell me. He had the most serious look on his face and repeated it until I understood. I asked great grandma he said yup she died. I am trying to get ahold of my grandma to no avail yet. Her birthday was yesterday. Have any of your children done this? I don't ever talk about stuff like that in front of him because he is impressionable.
Oh dear. Hopefully it was just something he related to on his cartoon.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That's just so darned cute! I hope she behaves herself at the meetings.
AND she DID! The ladies in my office had a blast babysitting and there were no Potty accidents.. I even took a pad just in case but she didn’t have to use it. I proud :) now we are back on the road for the 5 hour trip home.... earlier than I expected.. Cinder is already snoring loudly!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I’ve got a long one today. Me & Cinder are headed to Baton Rouge for meetings. I didn’t want to spend the night so we left early and we’ve got to get back tonight cause Hubby’s got to leave in the morning... A lot of miles
It looks like you'll have to do all the driving...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm feeling pretty good today, so I plan to work outside a bit. Then I have to make a special trip in to the store because I had a cherry-o cream cheese pie planned, but I neglected to buy the can of sweetened condenses milk called for in the recipe. You know how it is when you have your mouth set on something!
What's the recipe? It sounds yummy.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi everyone, how is everyone doing this frigid morning? Last night for dinner we all are some beef stroganoff.. me and my hubby were sick all night, I wake up to hear that my son puked all over his bed.. not sure if the nephew got sick to. I have class tonight, Depreciation... Oh boy.. hoping all is well for everyone. Stay warm and say hi to all your torts for me ☺️
You and your family stay warm and cozy too. Sounds like a hot soup with chips kind of day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I am 100% freaked out.. my son just walked up to me;he's three years old; after watching baby cartoons with his baby sister in his room: and told me plain as day my grandma died... Okay I'm very very freaked out. I remember being 8 and I saw my grandma right after she died in surgery. I remember it so vividly.. is this a real thing kids do? I cannot figure out where in the world he came up with that terrible thing to come tell me. He had the most serious look on his face and repeated it until I understood. I asked great grandma he said yup she died. I am trying to get ahold of my grandma to no avail yet. Her birthday was yesterday. Have any of your children done this? I don't ever talk about stuff like that in front of him because he is impressionable.
That's pretty scary. Kids ARE more tuned in than adults, but I'd hate it for him to have that sort of precognition.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What's the recipe? It sounds yummy.
It's pretty easy. 8oz of cream cheese, a can of sweetened condenses milk, a tsp of vanilla, 1/3 cup lemon juice and an already prepared graham cracker pie crust and a can of cherry pie filling. Cream the cheese until light and fluffy then add the milk. Stir in the lemon juice, then the vanilla. Stir until all mixed and pour into the pie shell. Refrigerate for about an hour then spoon the cherries over the top. After two pieces and no lunch, I'm sick of it!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm feeling pretty good today, so I plan to work outside a bit. Then I have to make a special trip in to the store because I had a cherry-o cream cheese pie planned, but I neglected to buy the can of sweetened condenses milk called for in the recipe. You know how it is when you have your mouth set on something!
That sounds delicious.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello all, I have been awol for a little while now. I just wanted to pop in and say hi and I hope everyone in the CDR is healthy and happy and staying warm. Life has been crrraazy over here for the last few months. I am happy to report my bubba is doing great and all my other babies are as well. I have been miserable with neck and back pain. Back to the doc I go.. this time I'm sure it is going to be a cortisone shot in my neck
Stay well and warm roomies I will be back again ☺️
oh dear. That does not sound good. Take it easy and keep your back and neck nice and warm.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning everyone, hope you all have a good weekend. I haven't been keeping up in the CDR. Hope everyone is doing ok. Opo stuck his head out to 57° stayed there with his head out for about a hr. Then turned around and went back in. Dont know if I will see him again today.
LOL. HMMMMMMMM let us see if i can go outside today. looking, looking, looking, looking, looking........nope let us go back inside.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Cold, windy & overcast here. Sully’s been inside now for about a month & seems to have adjusted well once I got the temps dialed in. Not too hot, not too cold, just right. Back to enjoying kale & romaine & dandelion & mazuri & cactus pads followed by hanging out under a basking lamp for a bit.

Finished up a second mahogany votive tea light holder to balance the previous one that's on our fireplace mantel. With the cold weather (and no kayaking) It’s time to start wood carving & turning more.

Fixed up an old bird feeder that was on its last legs and Started putting seed in the other three feeders. Got some fresh peanuts & sunflower seeds & suet cakes.

Happy Sunday all....ogh, & don’t forget to congratulate @Yvonne G on her most recent clutch of Leopard EGGS!
Thanks for the headsup.

Well done @Yvonne G . When do we get to see pics?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I’ve got a long one today. Me & Cinder are headed to Baton Rouge for meetings. I didn’t want to spend the night so we left early and we’ve got to get back tonight cause Hubby’s got to leave in the morning... A lot of miles
Well at least Cinder gets to carry on sleeping.