COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Well of course! I was so pleased to get the report that all was well in South Africa... it is a busy time of year for working moms with kids in school... today was Jayden’s first day of Kindergarten.. He was so brave and I tried to hurry away before he saw the tears in my eyes.. My last baby growing up...
But you have been missed and I am so glad it was only because of life in general... enjoy your evening and I’ll look forward to reading more from you now:)

And my medical issues have went a long way to remedying themselves.. several small issues and one pinched nerve that anti inflammatories have took some pressure off of & im almost back in form.. with age, these things are to be expected... ughh
But, I can delay any surgeries for a bit yet [emoji12]
Aahhh Well done Jayden. I remember having to drop off my ones and also crying.
So glad that your issue is getting better to handle. Pinched nerves and bulging discs are not fun or easy to deal with.
And yeah life is ...well life, you got to do what you got to do.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, I had another interlude with a wasp. I took a handful of garden implements and leaned them up against the wall of the shed.

View attachment 278500

A wasp got me on the cheek. I think I felt three or four stings before I was able to shoo him away.

View attachment 278501

View attachment 278499

The sensation wasn't bad at all. I think this species of wasp is losing it's stinging power. It was slightly burning for about 5 minutes, and now I feel nothing. It's a bit red and looks like it might swell eventually, and I KNOW it will be itchy tomorrow. Darned wasps anyway!
[emoji85] I think you have become immune to their stings they have stung you so often.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh no. I am so sorry Kathy. My condolences.
Lol. My hubby becomes like a baby when he is sick. I think it is a man thing that they get out of sorts when they are not well. [emoji23][emoji23]
But I am glad that his surgery went well.
Maybe if you became crankier than him, then he will stop being cranky himself[emoji6]
Welcome back Carol!!

Surgery went well but he’s super cranky!! He’s getting on my last nerve!!

We also have two new deaths.
Sunday we found out our nephew passed away in his sleep suddenly
and our best friends son passed away in his sleep too. Not a good week at all.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My youngest cried every single time I dropped him off for a full year. It was the worst time of my life.
My youngest son did that too at first...even though he wanted to go to school. My eldest didn't look back once he met his new teacher. Just 2 different little people.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Welcome back Carol!!

Surgery went well but he’s super cranky!! He’s getting on my last nerve!!

We also have two new deaths.
Sunday we found out our nephew passed away in his sleep suddenly
and our best friends son passed away in his sleep too. Not a good week at all.

Oh no! [emoji22] Massive electronic hugs to you and your family at such a tough time.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My youngest cried every single time I dropped him off for a full year. It was the worst time of my life.

Both mine ran always in to play without looking back... I felt awful. I mean they could have pretended they were going to miss me couldn’t they?! [emoji23]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You too Linda, What on the agenda today? For me it is work and gym again. LOL See a pattern by any chance?

Probably slightly less exercise for me... and more cheese and wine [emoji23]

We’re just off to get some bread and book a restaurant for tonight. Weather is much better than the UK
IMG_1565856219.902607.jpg