COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Can’t wait to see end results.. I just love new projects!! Especially the ones I’m not doing myself!!!
I was so jealous over your truck load of agave that I found a few myself. They have been planted. I have been restraint from taking pictures until my new grass grows in and things start blooming. Luv your place!!

Thanks! I like our place too but the back yard isn’t flat so we are hoping to grade it to our liking. I also don’t enjoy it as much because I worry about rattle snakes all the time!!

Can’t wait to see your agave!

Here’s the last fig you sent!
IMG_4965.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So you were an hour off all day yesterday?
It really didn't affect me yesterday until I saw that "When Comes The Heart" was starting on the Hallmark Channel and it was still daytime. Crazy AT&T shows a lot of the east coast shows 3 hours early here on the west coast. No, it only affected me this a.m. when I got out of bed a whole hour later than normal. Now I'm still in the house at 9:30a and haven't even started fixing the tortoise food. Misty's lunchtime is going to roll around before I'm even finished cleaning up the animals outside. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It really didn't affect me yesterday until I saw that "When Comes The Heart" was starting on the Hallmark Channel and it was still daytime. Crazy AT&T shows a lot of the east coast shows 3 hours early here on the west coast. No, it only affected me this a.m. when I got out of bed a whole hour later than normal. Now I'm still in the house at 9:30a and haven't even started fixing the tortoise food. Misty's lunchtime is going to roll around before I'm even finished cleaning up the animals outside. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Yep, this is a tough one to adjust to.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Thanks! I like our place too but the back yard isn’t flat so we are hoping to grade it to our liking. I also don’t enjoy it as much because I worry about rattle snakes all the time!!

View attachment 267038

Oh YAYYYYY!!! So when can you plant it? I love seeing everything start to bloom!
We have lots of drainage problems because our property is so sloped. I would like retaining walls one day.. figured they could double up as a tortoise fence:))) I don’t have to worry about rattle snakes so much but we have copperheads and cotton mouths aplenty... I find the little ground rattlers a lot too.. One year, I found a crazy looking snake in the pool. I caught it and it had the worst odor ever. After some googling, it turned out to be a Texas mud snake. It was actually very pretty. I just re-located it..

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Oh YAYYYYY!!! So when can you plant it? I love seeing everything start to bloom!
We have lots of drainage problems because our property is so sloped. I would like retaining walls one day.. figured they could double up as a tortoise fence:))) I don’t have to worry about rattle snakes so much but we have copperheads and cotton mouths aplenty... I find the little ground rattlers a lot too.. One year, I found a crazy looking snake in the pool. I caught it and it had the worst odor ever. After some googling, it turned out to be a Texas mud snake. It was actually very pretty. I just re-located it..

Those are scary snakes!!!
You are way braver than me!!
I only get rats, lizards and bunnies out of our pool. I have no idea what I would do if I saw a snake!
Once a tiny duckling that I to to the wildlife center.
I should have kept him but it’s against the law.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

I don’t know when to plant it.[emoji17]
There are no roots and the others died when I planted them.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

View attachment 267038
Well done. Looking good.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
No thank you. Not so fond of snakes either.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
More trouble for me - my boiler has stopped working!
It's too late to call an engineer so I've no heating.
I have a small fan heater directed at Lola's place but I will have to sleep downstairs tonight to keep an eye on it.
When it rains it pours. Hoping you get to see your rainbow soon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Then I need a better phone with a really fancy camera on it. [emoji3]
My phone isn't expensive at all. It was under a hundred. It's a prepaid phone that I carry a plan on. I like LG phones best because I love the camera on them. My brother's iPad and all the expensive phones don't even come close. The last one I had was just as good. I got it on sale and the protection case was almost as much as the phone. All that was still under a hundred. I kept it. It has some pictures on it I want. It was my first smart phone.