TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
But here a little song to brighten up my and hopefully your mood too:
"Words" , Bee Gees
sung by Bee without Gees:D:D:D

I just listened to this again, Sabine, and it gave me goosebumps. You have a lovely voice, and quite the knack for choosing just the right song.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yesterday a woman brought me a brand new hatchling sulcata and I'm expecting to be getting some hatchling desert tortoises on Sunday. I like to keep hatchlings until they're a year old, so I'll have these a while. I guess my dream of not having enclosures indoors has just flown the coop!

Lol!! I saw the thread with those pictures and had a secret chuckle at all the guesses.. I can spot a Sulcata a mile away now.. guessed on the desert tortoise so I was pretty pleased to be right:)
I find the babies the most time consuming but I enjoy it. I can’t imagine it with your numbers..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Always good to use your well-earned Annual Leave throughout the year. It’s good for mind, body & soul. It often gives you time to do “other” things that you just don’t get to on the weekends.... pot around, get some sunshine, some exercise...take time to enjoy your coffee..

And that is just what I’ve done.. I let my little one stay home for a “hookie” day:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I agree. Use your annual leave for your own sake.

Thanks Linda! There’s just never enough time to get everything done... we are thoroughly enjoying doing not much of anything:) we did gather some cactus pads for the torts, brush down horses , watch a movie, laundry,..... wait a minute... did I say not much of nothing?? I even gave the ol treadmill a few minutes.. storms moving in so we will movie watch Now.. It really has been a relaxing day only doing what I wanted to do:)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
@ZEROPILOT

Ed are you in the path of Hurricane Michael??
No
Not at all.
Its headed for the "panhandle" area.
Those folks aren't generally as used to them as we are and it might be very bad news.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.