Cold and Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
On a personal note, I can not stand the cold, I will take warm and toasty any day.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I'm the opposite, while I don't enjoy below freezing, I can't handle anything over around 81 degrees Fahrenheit or I just want to die.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
DoctorCosmonaut said:
I'm the opposite, while I don't enjoy below freezing, I can't handle anything over around 81 degrees Fahrenheit or I just want to die.

Lucky. My husband's got a naturally high body temperature, too. In fact, he's such a natural space heater that he not only has to put up with my cold feet parked on his butt all night, but all four of our cats will make themselves comfortable on various other body parts, so that Fred will wake up and be pinned down to the bed like Gulliver on the beach!:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
DoctorCosmonaut said:
That's kinda me too! I figure with the cold you can always add more clothing or cuddle under more blankets, but when it's hot, you can only remove so much clothing. :p Worse is heat and humidity.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
My perferred climate contrast sharply with my Redfoots... Good thing we don't sleep together lol

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
DoctorCosmonaut said:

Agreed! What I really can't stand is high humidity though.

When I lived in Alaska I used to get kind of bummed out by the really short days in winter. But, at least I got to see the sunrise every morning (at 11 a.m.)! I always look forward to the equinox because that means longer days, and I do enjoy the sunshine. But, cold- bring it on! I even kind of miss 40 below ...kinda... :p

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I dunno, Jacqui- your poetry did not quite move me. I'm sitting here in Omaha wondering why the heck I live in a place where my Red-foots would not survive being outside much of the year, where I have to artificially provide light so much since our days are only what, about 38 minutes long now?

Its not that I want to get away from winter altogether, I just want to try someplace other than where the main settlers stopped because the horses froze in place.

I was looking at a video of 'the gate of hell'-a burning gas crater (http://izismile.com/2009/02/05/the_gates_of_hell_22_pics_2_videos.html) and thinking "that looks warm!"

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Warm thoughts, warm thoughts. Sorry just saw pics of all the snow you back easters are getting.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Madkins007 said:
Its not that I want to get away from winter altogether, I just want to try someplace other than where the main settlers stopped because the horses froze in place.

Hahaha!

I drove through Nebraska last summer, and it's a very pretty prairie state, but that humidity must penetrate right into your bones in winter...brrrr!

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I love your house and garden, i would love to move to the states, When i was in Colorado i love boulder so beautiful and the suurounding areas,but unfortuntey they dont do green cards for the Brits.someday eh!!:(

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Your house is BEAUTIFUL. I dream of having a house like that someday, with an awesome garden similar to yours! I've never been to Colorado, as I'm stuck here in California [so unfortunate huh?] but I'd love to make a trip out there sometime =]

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
sammi said:
but I'd love to make a trip out there sometime =]

If you do, PM me ahead of time so we can have you over. You can meet Taco and we can skype (sp?) between her and Ernie.:D

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Well I for one cannot stand Winter !!! I know its needed, but phew, not for me !!!! Your garden is SOOOOOOO beautiful Stephanie, so colourful!

Status
Not open for further replies.