Cocos habitat and life updates

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Hey I hear coco making some noise from time to time ????
I think it was just because he was digging inside his hide haha!!

Also today I gave him a lot more than usually because yesterday he got a little bit of food!!

Can a tort go with a couple days without food? Or no??

harrythetortoise

Virginia
I think it was just because he was digging inside his hide haha!!

Also today I gave him a lot more than usually because yesterday he got a little bit of food!!

Can a tort go with a couple days without food? Or no??

I think they CAN but that doesn't mean it is ideal. I believe babies eat a lot, and tortoises are in general grazers. I would leave sufficient food every day for them to eat throughout the day and leave a little.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Hey, so now I do see some bubbles in his nostrils ?????

I know it may take some time, but on average how long does it take for a tort to get better??

Yes...the gave him some medicine today too!! ???
His basking area is up to 101 and his cooler side is @79 and his hide is 86! And humidity is around the 60’s!!

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Hey, so now I do see some bubbles in his nostrils ?????

I know it may take some time, but on average how long does it take for a tort to get better??

Yes...the gave him some medicine today too!! ???
His basking area is up to 101 and his cooler side is @79 and his hide is 86! And humidity is around the 60’s!!

I don't think healing takes place overnight, but keep patience and keep Coco warm, give medicine and drops, and soak him every day. Hopefully in a couple weeks we will see improvement. Praying for this little guy to get better!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I don't think healing takes place overnight, but keep patience and keep Coco warm, give medicine and drops, and soak him every day. Hopefully in a couple weeks we will see improvement. Praying for this little guy to get better!
He has an Appetite like no other! That has to count for something!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I’m so annoyed!! I’m trying to program the lights to turn on and off...

It freaking burned out...what the hell..
Now nothing is working!! I have never been so annoyed by this then today!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Sorry guys...I’m frustrated!!

Is this the light? I
Haven’t had great luck with this light stuff and I’m trying to avoid unnecessary stress and expenses so when things like this happens...I get really upset!! Plus I been under a lot of stress lately two...anyways...getting coco situated is needed right now because he’s my “get away escape when I have a bad day!” Yes animals is my therapy! It’s essential to my life!!

Attachments

• A7CEC40A-5055-44B9-9663-BDBE50AE4E76.jpeg
    A7CEC40A-5055-44B9-9663-BDBE50AE4E76.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
So unfortunately I had to move coco to another location! Yes he’s off the floor!

So let me explain what happened! For some reason the extension chords I have are not working for whatever reason! Doesn’t make sense..they are bran new!
So when I thought the lights burned out..well...yeah I’m confused tho because the outlet switch is on and the light on the extension chord is also on!
Any suggestions in what it could be or what I Should get instead for cocos lights?

Yes his lights are here..so I wanna see how this will work!! ??
Can there be a circuit breaker outage somewhere or something??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
So unfortunately I had to move coco to another location! Yes he’s off the floor!

So let me explain what happened! For some reason the extension chords I have are not working for whatever reason! Doesn’t make sense..they are bran new!
So when I thought the lights burned out..well...yeah I’m confused tho because the outlet switch is on and the light on the extension chord is also on!
Any suggestions in what it could be or what I Should get instead for cocos lights?

Yes his lights are here..so I wanna see how this will work!! ??
Can there be a circuit breaker outage somewhere or something??
Have you tried plugging something else into the outlet to see if it’s the outlet? Plug in a radio or a table lamp or something that can indicate whether or not the outlet is has power to it.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I put coco on the side of the vent so when the heater comes on at least he stays around 75-80 degrees! I have to work today ..otherwise I wood fix this problem ASSAP this morning!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
It doesn’t matter!!

Ima figure things out on my own now because I realized some stuff I have done suggested in this chat...has actually caused me to spend more money than I should!!

I’ll figure it out on my own!!

I’m tired...thank you all for the help! ..I think I can take it from here!!

I’ll send updates on coco when I can!