Help!! I think coco is sick! ???

zovick

10 Year Member!
Let’s just wait what @zovick has to say!!
I cannot read the label because the photo is so small, plus the picture is of such low resolution that I could not read what the label says even when I downloaded it to Photoshop and zoomed in on it. Therefore, I am not really able to make a sensible comment.

What does the label say? Or can you possibly get a better photo so I can see it?

Last edited:

Mikayla777

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Chalk?? The kind you write on a blackboard with? Not cuttle bone, maybe?
i tried cuttlebone on her a long while back. She refused to.eat it. Althougb she would let me sprinkle some on her food. But she would never eat it straight off the bone which is what I prefer so she can eat as much or as little as she wants. She straight out refused the reptical sprinkled on her food as wel. She is very picky. So I found this natural chalk from Russian mountains. It is pure calcium carbonate it says, so its not exactly chalkboard chalk, more natural, but similar look and feel. But its foodgrade 100% chalk so its edible. Ive tried so many types of calcium and this one workes finally. You gotta keep trying different products till u find one your tortoise loves.

I also bought limestone flour. Also a form of calcium, but since she loves the Russian chalk, I havent tried it in her yet.

Hope that helps.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
i tried cuttlebone on her a long while back. She refused to.eat it. Althougb she would let me sprinkle some on her food. But she would never eat it straight off the bone which is what I prefer so she can eat as much or as little as she wants. She straight out refused the reptical sprinkled on her food as wel. She is very picky. So I found this natural chalk from Russian mountains. It is pure calcium carbonate it says, so its not exactly chalkboard chalk, more natural, but similar look and feel. But its foodgrade 100% chalk so its edible. Ive tried so many types of calcium and this one workes finally. You gotta keep trying different products till u find one your tortoise loves.

I also bought limestone flour. Also a form of calcium, but since she loves the Russian chalk, I havent tried it in her yet.

Hope that helps.
Hmm I noticed him trying to eat it yesterday...but that’s for the tip! I’m actually trying different things slowly!!☺️

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
I cannot read the label because the photo is so small, plus the picture is of such low resolution that I could not read what the label says even when I downloaded it to Photoshop and zoomed in on it. Therefore, I am not really able to make a sensible comment.

What does the label say? Or can you possibly get a better photo so I can see it?
@zovick
Ofloxacin Opthalmic Drops

zovick

10 Year Member!
@zovick
Ofloxacin Opthalmic Drops
@Crystallynda Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you, too, Melissacoop for letting me know the name before I saw the pictures. Yes, you are correct, these drops are not the exact same thing which I recommended due to the fact that they contain only one antibacterial agent and NO steroid to reduce inflammation. The Neo-Poly-Dex drops have two different antibacterial agents PLUS the steroid component to reduce inflammation.

Still, these are better than not having anything to use, so they should probably be used for the present until the other drops can be obtained. If these work well enough, maybe the other drops won't be required. Only time will tell.

I recommend putting these drops into each eye and each nostril twice daily the same as I did for the other ones. It appears this vet also recommended using them twice daily, but I can't tell if the nostrils were included as well as the eyes. It doesn't appear so from what I can see, though.

Last edited:

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
@Crystallynda Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you, too, Melissacoop for letting me know the name before I saw the pictures. Yes, you are correct, these drops are not the exact same thing which I recommended due to the fact that they contain only one antibacterial agent and NO steroid to reduce inflammation. The Neo-Poly-Dex drops have two different antibacterial agents PLUS the steroid component to reduce inflammation.

Still, these are better than not having anything to use, so they should probably be used for the present until the other drops can be obtained. If these work well enough, maybe the other drops won't be required. Only time will tell.
Thank you! I may have to request a particular vet to get them or have the vet who saw him authorize it if needed!
honestly yesterday...was a trip with this vet who saw coco!! ? idk if I should wait till she calms her horses or just call and say I need the other drops or what lol

zovick

10 Year Member!
Thank you! I may have to request a particular vet to get them or have the vet who saw him authorize it if needed!
honestly yesterday...was a trip with this vet who saw coco!! ? idk if I should wait till she calms her horses or just call and say I need the other drops or what lol
I'd say just use these drops for the time being and see how things go. As I said, maybe you won't need the others, and you already have these in hand. They are not bad, they just may not be quite as effective at reducing inflammation as rapidly as the others. They should still help your tortoise, especially if it is getting a respiratory infection as well as the eye irritation.

Good luck!

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
Personally, I would call and ask for the other drops. You paid for a visit but didn't get what you asked for. If she doesn't carry them , then she should be able to authorize them from that Allivet website I gave you. She will probably be offended by the call. lol I managed a small animal vet for 35 years so I know how it works and how veterinarians get put off when breeders and their clients tell them how to treat their pets! lol.. At least if you don't need them now, you will have for future use. That's just me;)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

ok... let me start this NICELY....
I love you Crstallynda.... I REALLY do!!!!!
I am so happy you came to this tortoise forum to get the CORRECT information from such experts. They all REALLY know what they are talking about. And their advice not only helps you on how to keep your tortoise for years to come ;but it also shows YOU the final result of how THEY said what was—“ good for your tortoise”.
☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️??????

That being said......
Ok! Band Aid RIPPED OFFFFFF!!!!!!

If you don’t stop this back and forth on what eye drops to use I am gonna come there and poke you in YOUR eyeball!
From what I’ve seen in pictures .. your tortoise (TO ME) looks like he has
ONE WEEK AND A DAY TO BE ALIVE!!!!
HE IS GOING TO DIE!!!
HIS EYES LOOK LIKE A “ROCKY” MOVIE!!!
Holy he**!!!!!
GET ON IT GIRL!!!!!
Use the drops from the doctor 2x a day as the doctor and zovic have said over and over again!
No more of this —“should I call the doctor and get different ones??”
DO THAT LATER FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

GET THOSE DROPS IN THERE TOMORROW!!!!!
Poor tortoise is waiting and counting on YOU!!!!!!!!!
Haven’t you ever had a really bad cold??!
Wouldn’t you have loved for someone to come quickly and take care of you by giving you soup and medicine!???? ASAP???
HE IS SUFFERING!!!
DID YOU SEE HIS EYES!???
They are almost out of his bloomin’ head!!!!
ENOUGH TALKING!
GO CARE FOR THAT LITTLE MAN ! ??

ok.... again.... I am sorry for being brutal BUT YOU ARE NOT LISTENING OR GETTING IT!
and lastly.....
I love and care soooooooo much for you and your gorgeous little tortoise!!!
You are in my prayers tonight and until he feels much better! Here is a whole lot of good stuff I am throwing your way. ?

???❤️???❤️???❤️???❤️??❤️??❤️???❤️????????❤️❤️❤️❤️????❤️?❤️???❤️???❤️???

please keep us posted on his recovery soon!!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
ok... let me start this NICELY....
I love you Crstallynda.... I REALLY do!!!!!
I am so happy you came to this tortoise forum to get the CORRECT information from such experts. They all REALLY know what they are talking about. And their advice not only helps you on how to keep your tortoise for years to come ;but it also shows YOU the final result of how THEY said what was—“ good for your tortoise”.
☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️??????

That being said......
Ok! Band Aid RIPPED OFFFFFF!!!!!!

If you don’t stop this back and forth on what eye drops to use I am gonna come there and poke you in YOUR eyeball!
From what I’ve seen in pictures .. your tortoise (TO ME) looks like he has
ONE WEEK AND A DAY TO BE ALIVE!!!!
HE IS GOING TO DIE!!!
HIS EYES LOOK LIKE A “ROCKY” MOVIE!!!
Holy he**!!!!!
GET ON IT GIRL!!!!!
Use the drops from the doctor 2x a day as the doctor and zovic have said over and over again!
No more of this —“should I call the doctor and get different ones??”
DO THAT LATER FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

GET THOSE DROPS IN THERE TOMORROW!!!!!
Poor tortoise is waiting and counting on YOU!!!!!!!!!
Haven’t you ever had a really bad cold??!
Wouldn’t you have loved for someone to come quickly and take care of you by giving you soup and medicine!???? ASAP???
HE IS SUFFERING!!!
DID YOU SEE HIS EYES!???
They are almost out of his bloomin’ head!!!!
ENOUGH TALKING!
GO CARE FOR THAT LITTLE MAN ! ??

ok.... again.... I am sorry for being brutal BUT YOU ARE NOT LISTENING OR GETTING IT!
and lastly.....
I love and care soooooooo much for you and your gorgeous little tortoise!!!
You are in my prayers tonight and until he feels much better! Here is a whole lot of good stuff I am throwing your way. ?

???❤️???❤️???❤️???❤️??❤️??❤️???❤️????????❤️❤️❤️❤️????❤️?❤️???❤️???❤️???

please keep us posted on his recovery soon!!!
????

I Put in the drops in @noon! I’m already I on it, I’m not waiting anymore...I was just saying if needed I would get the ones originally planned but..bleh Vet was being a but hole so I said whatever I have will do for now!! ???
Coco is my life right now!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
????

I Put in the drops in @noon! I’m already I on it, I’m not waiting anymore...I was just saying if needed I would get the ones originally planned but..bleh Vet was being a but hole so I said whatever I have will do for now!! ???

Attachments

• B8BCF161-101D-4A8D-908F-11B692536FA2.jpeg
    B8BCF161-101D-4A8D-908F-11B692536FA2.jpeg
    831 KB · Views: 17
  • 9218BF8A-00F8-47A6-A961-D72BC5DE429F.jpeg
    9218BF8A-00F8-47A6-A961-D72BC5DE429F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • A2CE3E5C-9FB2-45A1-BC49-31BC14712B0D.jpeg
    A2CE3E5C-9FB2-45A1-BC49-31BC14712B0D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • FB4FC2FD-1E7B-40E5-B38C-96EA2B17FB5D.jpeg
    FB4FC2FD-1E7B-40E5-B38C-96EA2B17FB5D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • BE7015BB-D750-4475-85C0-EC52B90B1B02.jpeg
    BE7015BB-D750-4475-85C0-EC52B90B1B02.jpeg
    948.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 126FF756-5A7B-4B26-9E80-C000AC4255E8.jpeg
    126FF756-5A7B-4B26-9E80-C000AC4255E8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
????

Like I said sweet pea.... I love you and your tortoise.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
listen..... give those drops for like one week.
If you don’t see an improvement .... then call for the other drops. Ok? Sounds good?
I know how you feel. It’s scary. I’ve been there. That’s how I KNOW to say to listen to these guys when they give advice.
As soon as you do .. I PROMISE you will not regret it!!!!
so ok.... one week of those drops and keep posting pics for us to help. Ok?
Lots of love and hugs and soaks for him and you!!!!
add some “UNFLAVORED PEDIALITE “
(Found in the baby isle of shop rite)
to his bath water. It has electrolytes in it and will give him a boost of energy to help beat this cold he has....
I am hear for you.
??????????❤️❤️❤️❤️?????????????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

HE IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
Please don’t let him suffer any longer!!
Treatment is KEY now!
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Like I said sweet pea.... I love you and your tortoise.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
listen..... give those drops for like one week.
If you don’t see an improvement .... then call for the other drops. Ok? Sounds good?
I know how you feel. It’s scary. I’ve been there. That’s how I KNOW to say to listen to these guys when they give advice.
As soon as you do .. I PROMISE you will not regret it!!!!
so ok.... one week of those drops and keep posting pics for us to help. Ok?
Lots of love and hugs and soaks for him and you!!!!
add some “UNFLAVORED PEDIALITE “
(Found in the baby isle of shop rite)
to his bath water. It has electrolytes in it and will give him a boost of energy to help beat this cold he has....
I am hear for you.
??????????❤️❤️❤️❤️?????????????
Thank you ??
I’ll get him unflavored pedialite tomorrow once I get off work!! ??

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
He went inside his hide! Let him soak for 5 minutes just now!!
He’s like..before mommy picks me up Again, let me hide ??