Help!! I think coco is sick! ???

Melissacoop

Location (City and/or State)
Pembroke Pines, FL
For constipation you need to soak in warm water for 30-45 minutes. Make sure the water is very warm but not hot. I put my hand in and if it’s not too hot on my hand than it’s good. Also can feed aloe and cactus and different kinds of lettuce. They provide moisture.
Be very careful at the vet. Just try to get the eye drops. Don’t get any vitamin injections.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
For constipation you need to soak in warm water for 30-45 minutes. Make sure the water is very warm but not hot. I put my hand in and if it’s not too hot on my hand than it’s good. Also can feed aloe and cactus and different kinds of lettuce. They provide moisture.
Be very careful at the vet. Just try to get the eye drops. Don’t get any vitamin injections.
Ok, I’m gonna get him some cactus greens or something!

I been giving him, mustard greens, dandelion greens, chord greens and stuff!

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
Needs grasses and hay. You can order orchard grass from Amazon. You can also check out this site for tortoise food. Kapidolo Farms. Greens should only be 10% of his diet. He needs more fiber.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Needs grasses and hay. You can order orchard grass from Amazon. You can also check out this site for tortoise food. Kapidolo Farms. Greens should only be 10% of his diet. He needs more fiber.
But someone suggested no Hay because he’s too little!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Im not sure if the grass either is good for a juvenile tortoise either!!

Hey @Tom

Isn’t that what you told me?? Cause he’s too small?? I got the cybress mutch already!!

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
How big is he?? The orchard grass hay is soft. I’ve been feeding it to mine since he was tiny. You have to soak it in water and mince it up. Mix it with the greens to get him used to it. Timothy Hay is harder and usually the tiny ones can’t eat it. Do have any other grass in your yard??

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
Im not sure if the grass either is good for a juvenile tortoise either!!

Hey @Tom

Isn’t that what you told me?? Cause he’s too small?? I got the cybress mutch already!!
They cannot eat hay easily at a young age, but they need/ need to be offered grass at all possible feeding times. If you can't find much grass, use Mazuri LS or Grassland tortoise diet pellets

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Ok I just night him a pack of stuff from the website...

I should be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday! That should cover his fiber intake for now!!

I removed the green hide!!!

I bought him a different hide from Petsmart “screw it” I rather spend the extra bucks and get him something better than having to “play a game of finding Waldo” over and over!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
You can also plant seeds of grass and then when it grows you can cut it up and sprinkle over the greens.
I would love to do that but right now I don’t have the resources or the time and money for this stuff right now! So I did what I had to do! I got a combination of cactus leaf, mash mallow, nettle leaf and Ross flower coming!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
How big is he?? The orchard grass hay is soft. I’ve been feeding it to mine since he was tiny. You have to soak it in water and mince it up. Mix it with the greens to get him used to it. Timothy Hay is harder and usually the tiny ones can’t eat it. Do have any other grass in your yard??
Unfortunately I live in a town home! There no yard!! ??

But I have a front yard that can Potentially grow some plays for him in pots! It has a good spot where it can be in the sun and shade!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
They cannot eat hay easily at a young age, but they need/ need to be offered grass at all possible feeding times. If you can't find much grass, use Mazuri LS or Grassland tortoise diet pellets
I have those!!

Lord have mercy...didn’t expect so much from getting a tortoise...I can’t spend anymore at this time till I get paid!

So I’ll be giving him a little bit of this in his food if it’s suggested!
Though someone suggested to wait till they were bigger!!

Lord help me!! ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

harrythetortoise

Virginia
I have those!!

Lord have mercy...didn’t expect so much from getting a tortoise...I can’t spend anymore at this time till I get paid!

So I’ll be giving him a little bit of this in his food if it’s suggested!
Though someone suggested to wait till they were bigger!!

Lord help me!! ???

I give these to my baby 1-2 times a week - I moisten it until it becomes soft and mix it with the greens/veggies.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
The pharmacies where you can order medicine from. I order from Allivet and my vet approves the order
Tank you, you been a lot of help! I appreciate you a lot! ???

Ima keep doing what I can for coco!

Now that i have a new hide for him...next is probably gonna be fixing his enclosure in any other way possible when I am able!

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
Soak those pellets and mix in with his greens. I only give about two of them a day mixed in to get mine to eat more grass. Good job on the new hide and ordering new food! Don’t forget daily soaks!!