coco coir substrate

hi I'm going out today to buy some coco coir substrate for my hermanns tort.Is the coco coir ok to mix with top soil and if so how much to mix together?and how damp can it be before I put it in his enclosure that is a tortoise box.
also another question I feed harry on all mixed green which he loves,and would like to get him some weeds/plants to try out ive got lavender and a spider plant but they don't really appeal to him.and I'm useless at what plants weeds to pick for him when I take my dogs for a walk any ideas on what I can grow myself please,I have also got him komodo cucumber pellets that are soaked in water which he likes and just to give his diet some thing he is missing I have looked around for mauzri I think thats what its called but no where sells it here in in the UK and live in north wales any help appreciated thanks.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Castleton, VT
Welcome, I soak mine then squeeze out the excess water and let it sit until the humidity in the enclosure is appropriate. just make sure its not too wet. i dont know an exact ratio i just use a couple of blocks each time sorry!

HappyHermanns

Location (City and/or State)
Rochester, Michigan
Hello and welcome!

There are all sorts of weeds and things they can eat.. If you look around on here you will find lots of talk about that.

I bought a book "Weeds of North America" (as I live in Michigan USA) It's a great book but it is HUGE and unless you know that name it is hard to find. Anyway, finding a book on identifing weeds is a good start. I never knew what any of them were and after only a week or so I easily know what a plantain looks like.. Some are easy, others, not so easy..
Good Luck!!

I have bought some from shelled warrior's now finally found the site ive got komodo are they the same as mazuri? Also when I feed him the komodo if he doesn't eat after I have soaked it when its been left a while and it dries again is it ok for him to eat dry?.