Coastal silkworm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well placed an order for a 40lbs case of optunia cactus... Got it within a week..(only sends cases out on Friday)..everything was great....product was fresh, well packaged and shipping was quick..I would highly recommend...

Wish he had auto shipping..:D

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
I had a good experience doing business with them also.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I'm a little miffed about the low order fee. I was going to buy the spineless cactus pad. I only have one little baby sulcata, I don't need big orders. So I decided not to order it. I'm just in that kind of mood and bogus "fees" tick me off. I'm sure there's going to be some big bloated explanation and that's well and good, but it just doesn't work for me. To each their own.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Weda737...not sure if this helps..But I freeze mine..I did a test on the first order..and they thawed fine...Be it they weren't as stiff as the fresh...but it still snapped when the tortoises bit it...I brought 40lbs..and froze about 30 of it...into 2lbs packages...

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
The $1.25 fee is for orders under $10 before shipping. Many of these product are cheaper then the shipping. It cost to us to accept each orders payment, its more of a shipping and handling to cover expenses on an order we do not make a profit on. I also use packing peanuts which are not free sometimes boxes that are not free. I don't inflate the product price to cover this across the board. Some products I have added free shipping to the price to avoid this fee and these are items where we use free boxes and no peanuts mostly. When its all said and done I focus more on quality then quantity of orders so I will not try to be the cheapest game in town.

In your case the one single pad would ship with peanuts and shipping would be more then the product, so there would be a $1.25 fee. If you ordered the pad and say some Marion or Mazuri there would be no fee. You could get some silkworms for your dragon and geckos too! If you just want the pad email me and I will give you details to order just the pad with out a fee!

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I couldn't recommend them more highly. Top notch service, and reasonable prices.

It is not realistic to expect a buisness to sell items at a loss. You will almost ALWAYS get better prices when you buy larger quantities. This is not because a company is mean or greedy, it is because it costs the company less per unit to sell/ship larger quantities, and they pass part of that savings onto the customer.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
coastal said:
The $1.25 fee is for orders under $10 before shipping. Many of these product are cheaper then the shipping. It cost to us to accept each orders payment, its more of a shipping and handling to cover expenses on an order we do not make a profit on. I also use packing peanuts which are not free sometimes boxes that are not free. I don't inflate the product price to cover this across the board. Some products I have added free shipping to the price to avoid this fee and these are items where we use free boxes and no peanuts mostly. When its all said and done I focus more on quality then quantity of orders so I will not try to be the cheapest game in town.

In your case the one single pad would ship with peanuts and shipping would be more then the product, so there would be a $1.25 fee. If you ordered the pad and say some Marion or Mazuri there would be no fee. You could get some silkworms for your dragon and geckos too! If you just want the pad email me and I will give you details to order just the pad with out a fee!

John. Stop being so difficult!

:D Kidding. Total sarcasm... I don't see how you could be any nicer or make it any easier.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
coastal said:

I appreciate that. I'm just frustrated and moody. At the time I was going to order I was very low on cash from paying a ridiculous hospital bill and couldn't really afford anything else. I knew there would be an explanation but feeling taken advantage of can really bring out the *** in a person. I do plan to order from you soon when I can afford to order more. I'm sorry you had to be the victim of one of my extremely rare "butt" moments.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Don't worry Weda. We all still love you too. I think we all have our "butt" moments. Some of of us (like me) more than others.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Weda737 said:
I'm a little miffed about the low order fee. I was going to buy the spineless cactus pad. I only have one little baby sulcata, I don't need big orders. So I decided not to order it. I'm just in that kind of mood and bogus "fees" tick me off. I'm sure there's going to be some big bloated explanation and that's well and good, but it just doesn't work for me. To each their own.

Same thing happened to me, when I ordered the red tort sticks. I wasn't very happy either. I didn't notice the low order fee until I was paying.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Even with a $1.25 fee your still getting a great deal and quality product. I don't charge the fee for no reason and I don't try to hide it either. It's been in place long before I sold any tortoise food. It was to allow teachers to buy smaller amounts of worms and not have to meet a $10 minimum before you could check out. This way expenses are covered and we either break even or make only a small amount of profit maybe a few bucks. If its a big deal email me I'll try and help!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I don't think it's a big deal. Only problem is, and it doesn't look like I'm the only one here and I could have easily missed it, but maybe have something there to let people know there will be a small fee before they go to checkout. It's not the money that's the issue, more like having it dropped on us like that. I totally understand your reason for the fee and I appreciate you selling quality products for us average people, you know, making the products you sell available to us. Thing is, we go to check out, everything is great and all of a sudden a fee? I don't really know how to word it, but you get what I'm saying. Just like in my case, customers can be deterred. I don't want to say "unprofessional." It's not really that. Again, I'm sorry if you had it on the site and I missed it, usually I read through things pretty thoroughly.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
It's in our terms and conditions and it's also required you agree to them before you can complete the order. I try not to clutter the site so that's why it's on our terms page which you can read at anytime . Again we're a live food company so most would check the terms before hand for the live arrival guarantee. I will put the minimum order details on the tortoise pages perhaps that will be the best overall solution. Thanks for the input guys!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ordered Mazuri last week and it arrived promptly. :)
Looking into ordering a CHE tonight!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Coastal silkworms..

I have been happy with my previous orders with Coastal but this last order was just fantastic...

I placed a order for the zoological red tortoise bars at 1:26pm on Monday and to my suprise I got an email at 2:48pm letting me know that my order had just shipped "now that is fast" Now it's wednesday and I have my order.

That is what I call fast service and to ship on the same day was just an extra bonus. Just want to thank John and hope he keeps up the great service...

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Coastal silkworms WOW!
My first order for 2lbs of marion red bars " which my two buddies loved" I recieved in two days. My second order for 5lbs of optuina pads recieved in 2 days. Oh I'm in love, hook, line and sinker : )

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Weda737 said:
coastal said:

I appreciate that. I'm just frustrated and moody. At the time I was going to order I was very low on cash from paying a ridiculous hospital bill and couldn't really afford anything else. I knew there would be an explanation but feeling taken advantage of can really bring out the *** in a person. I do plan to order from you soon when I can afford to order more. I'm sorry you had to be the victim of one of my extremely rare "butt" moments.

It take a big person to admit they were wrong! Especially on a forum. I hope to have your wisdom!

Status
Not open for further replies.