Coastal Pythons - feeding/hybernating.... help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletania

5 Year Member
Need some advice... we have 2 "coastal pythons" and am aware that the ambient temperature should be 30C, but we can only get it up to 25 due to the cool climate and set up. If we can't raise the temp then at what point should we stop feeding? decrease feeding? etc. (heat pad already in the tank, so ground temp is 25)
Any advice please?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
What are you using to heat the tank...because I'm thinking CHE and MVB (Zoo Med's Powersun is a great source). Do not give up because you can't reach the temps you need...make the neccesary adjustments to raise the temps...don't compound one adversity by implementing others.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
DeanS said:
What are you using to heat the tank...because I'm thinking CHE and MVB (Zoo Med's Powersun is a great source). Do not give up because you can't reach the temps you need...make the neccesary adjustments to raise the temps...don't compound one adversity by implementing others.

Ditto! With all the products on the market today you should have no problems reaching your key temperature zones.

turtletania

5 Year Member
thanks for the advice....

The guy I am helping is a retiree and he is really keen to keep them. He has a retic already (got it about a year ago) and as with all reptile keepers----"can't have just one!!!!!".....

Just he doesn't know much about them. (oh and doesn't have the internet!) With my focus being turts/torts I dont know much either.... but am willing to learn.

What should the tank be covered with? (sorry to sound dumb!) plastic? glass? ... at the moment it has a sort of grill top that is plastic.... is that enough to keep the temp steady?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
turtletania said:
thanks for the advice....

The guy I am helping is a retiree and he is really keen to keep them. He has a retic already (got it about a year ago) and as with all reptile keepers----"can't have just one!!!!!".....

Just he doesn't know much about them. (oh and doesn't have the internet!) With my focus being turts/torts I dont know much either.... but am willing to learn.

What should the tank be covered with? (sorry to sound dumb!) plastic? glass? ... at the moment it has a sort of grill top that is plastic.... is that enough to keep the temp steady?

Cover grill with a towel and watch the temperature...if it's too warm, uncover one end a bit until the right temp is achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.