Clyde the tortoise says Hello!

Tirani

Location (City and/or State)
Henderson, NV
Hello Parents, my name is Tina and I live in the Henderson NV area. I adopted my Sulcata Clyde from my niece when he was 1 year old. I've had the little fella for 8 months now and my husband and I are completely in love. He is moody and skidish sometimes and he loves to explore and climb on anything he can; Very adventurous!
He currently lives in a makeshift tort table made from a cardboard refrigerator box with fresh growing edibles and a cocohusk hut. I've been looking at a lot of these questions and I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU! Clyde was being neglected and was in a box much too small for him.
He is now about 4inches and in a 3x5 space inside and a patio space about 7x7 where he spends time during the sunny day outside. I am looking to build him a larger inside space, since I've been reading I'm finding that what he is in now may be too small. Often times I find him on his shell wiggling and he has yet to figure out how to flip himself back over. I look forward to Mr.Clyde growing healthier with the help of all of you! Thanks for all the help with your questions and answers. Ill post a picture soon :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello to you and Clyde. Read the caresheet and make any needed adjustments.
Clyde would still benefit from a closed chamber until he is big enough to live outside during the warm months, around 10 inches.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Welcome to our forums. Your Southern California location is about perfect for bringing up a young Sulcata. Remember to keep him well hydrated with soaks. Lots of weeds growing naturally in the area. I spent a fun afternoon picking weeds, seeds and flowers for our CDTs. We have BLM land out our back gate which gives me an almost infinite choice and supply of natural foods for our torts. Fun for all concerned.