Closed enclosure vs Open Enclosure

AztecPurse101

Location (City and/or State)
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there, i know for a fact that closed enclosures are ideal because it ensures the humidity to stay in place. From where I live, the humidity is high around 87%. Because of the high humidity, can i use an open enclosure?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi there, i know for a fact that closed enclosures are ideal because it ensures the humidity to stay in place. From where I live, the humidity is high around 87%. Because of the high humidity, can i use an open enclosure?

Is the humidity really high inside your house as well? All year round? No air conditioning in your house/apartment to keep things cool(er) & less humid inside? Outside humidity levels are different than inside your house. You want to create nice year round conditions in your enclosure. 24\7 x 365.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Even in a humid room, the heat lamps necessary to maintain warmth and light will dry things out. A closed chamber will still work best for you.

This also depends on the species and age. If you are housing an adult Testudo species, then the open table should be fine since they don't need all that much humidity.