Closed chamber and outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
I just want to share some pics of the improvement of the enclosures. I read that sulcatas get stress because they can see outside but they can't get there. So I cover the sides for Penny :0))
The outside one has water, shade, places to hide mostly in the corners and weeds plus baby grass.
Please feel free to comment.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1375303568.215775.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1375303584.397026.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1375303599.801089.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1375303620.993306.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1375303638.611480.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1375303784.184226.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1375303844.598960.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1375303898.333721.jpg

My loves:
Husband
2 dogs Blue (European hunt-mix) and Baxter (chiwinnie)
Penny (sulcata)

Last edited by a moderator:

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Southern Calif
Very nice. Looks like Penny will grow out of her indoor enclosure pretty quick. Do you have problems with her falling off the sides of the ramp? The outdoor enclosure looks nice and big! hopefully the dogs cant get in or Penny get out - I have two dogs and it is one of my biggest worries so I do not let my sully out in his outside enclosure unless the dogs are in and I am home. How old is Penny and what is her weight?

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
RuthJanice said:
Very nice. Looks like Penny will grow out of her indoor enclosure pretty quick. Do you have problems with her falling off the sides of the ramp? The outdoor enclosure looks nice and big! hopefully the dogs cant get in or Penny get out - I have two dogs and it is one of my biggest worries so I do not let my sully out in his outside enclosure unless the dogs are in and I am home. How old is Penny and what is her weight?

Penny is very happy to be in both enclosures. The dogs don't bother her my big dog Blue checks on her when she is in her enclosure or when I let her walk around the yard or even inside the house while I'm supervising her. She goes outdoors only when we are home and we check on her often.
She does not fall of the ramp she is very smart and at the beginning I showed her and supervised her now she goes up like a pro :0)) and lately she goes up to sleep.
She is about 41/2 months old and weights 98 grams (3.5 Oz) her shell size is 3" long. The pet store told us the age which I'm not really sure since they miss inform us about a lot stuff but I'm so thankful for this forum because I have learned a lot. Temps are right as well humidity and we affer her mix food plus mazuri. She eats about two nibbles of wet mazuri during her soaking times.

Thank you for your concern.

My loves:
Husband
Penny (sulcata)

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Southern Calif
She looks much bigger in her picture :) I may consider doing a similar second floor ramp addition to my indoor enclosure now that I know Penny had no problems with tumbling off. She is beautiful! Thanks for the info. When I get Walter's upgraded I will post some pics.

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I'm glad that this help. Penny is very little.
Thank you. I'll be looking for those pics. Could you tag me :0))
ImageUploadedByTortForum1375311467.981834.jpg

My loves:
Husband
Penny (sulcata)

Last edited by a moderator:

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
bpham93 said:
I really like what you've done, great job!

Thank you :0))

My loves:
Husband
Penny (sulcata)

Jlant85 said:
What is the plastic you used for the outdoor?

I didn't use plastic at all is screen I got it at Home Depot. The frame is PVC pipe and wood for one side and the small side doors

My loves:
Husband
Penny (sulcata)

Status
Not open for further replies.