Climbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy2208

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
illinois
My new 4" sulcata Donatello loves go climb and is very smart. He basically climbs anything he can. I have his substate 4-6 "deep incase he wants to burow or dig but he just pushes it all into 1 corner and climbs up that. I let him out alot but he just climbs every thing thats out too. I let him out in my huge living room when it was raining outside and he pushed a stuff bear -that my little sis left out- across the room to the bottom step(the stairs go up) and climbed up the bear to get up the step. He also climbed up the bottom of a shelf and all the stuff that was on it. I dont keep anything in his enclosure except his substrate because even without anything else in there he just climbs up the walls and flips himself over. Hejust tried to climb up the tablecloth-not under Up -on my kitchen table that drags to the floor. He obviously loves to climb. Is this normal? Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do?

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
It is normal, and he's not going to stop. So I would try to give him some safe stuff to climb up on in his enclosure. Safe as in, with guard rails so he can't fall off and flip over. You may have to construct something.

izzy2208

5 Year Member
illinois
Thanks :) i have the tools but do u have any ideas on what i can build?

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
I lack imagination. All I can think of is a bridge, or a four-way bridge, with rails on all sides, wide enough for him to be able to turn around at the top. Hopefully someone else can post some ideas, and maybe even pictures...

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
I was picturing something like this, but with rails to keep him from falling off:

IMG_8504.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.