Cleo passed away this morning :(

baker27

5 Year Member
First I want to thank everyone that gave me advice on my 8 month old Ibera Cleo. For the past few weeks she has be battling an Upper respiratory infection. She had her ups and downs. In the past week she started eating again like a champ, started gaining her weight back and her runny nose became better and open mouth breathing had stopped. This morning I soaked her after soaking she went sat under her light to warm up and headed over to eat. I usually weigh her before and after she would eat. So went to weigh her and noticed she really wasn't moving. Picked her up and realized she had passed away. In the time I took me to clean her water dish maybe 5 minutes she was gone. Really thought we turned a corner this week because she was acting like her old self again. Can't believe she went that quick :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh, wow...that's just awful. I'm so sorry.

baker27

5 Year Member
I feel awful. I don't know if maybe she aspirated or something but she was perfectly fine this morning and my vet was very happy with her progress this week. Her eyes were brighter and she ate 2 meals for the past few days.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I'm so sorry, it must be heartbreaking that just as you weren't worrying and she was getting better she was gone...

I credit @dmmj on this, since he's the one who created it: (if the rainbow bridge poem makes you cry grab a tissue box because this one really will)

Just thus side of heaven is a place called rainbow bridge.
When a tortoise dies who was loved by someone., that tortoise goes to rainbow bridge.
There are wide open plains and warm basking spots.for all our beloved tortoises to spend all day basking in the warm sun.. There is plenty ofgrasses, and flowers. Lots of warm water to soak in. Our friends are all warm and comfortable, and play together all day long

All the tortoises who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remembered them in our dreams of days and time gone by The tortoises are happy and content, except for one small thing. They each miss someone very special who had to be left behind.

They all bask, and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are eager and intent, his shell starts to wiggle. Suddenly he begins to run from the group his stubbby legs carrying him over the plains, faster then they ever could in life.

You have been spotted, and when you and your tortoise meet, you cling togetherin joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy head rubs commence, your hands once again caress your tortoise"s head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your beloved tortoise, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author known.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Randi

Canada
Sorry for your loss. :( I hope the memories you two made together provide comfort and peace.