Cleaning

gibbi

5 Year Member
I'm just wondering if anyone could please help.
My wife and I are in the process of moving out of our current address and have noticed Sebastian our 5yr old Hermann's tortoise has weed on the tiled floor in our conservatory.
I cleaned it with hot water and a scrubbing brush but as soon as it was noticed but when it dries it still shows up and was wondering if anyone knows how what I can do to remove it?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Ian

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Try vinegar. Put some white vinegar on the spot and leave it sitting there for about a half hour. Then scrub it with a stiff bristle brush or scouring pad.

gibbi

5 Year Member
Thank you Yvonne, it's a rented property too which makes it worse.

gibbi

5 Year Member
Fantastic thank you :)
Does it have to be white vinegar?

gibbi

5 Year Member
Was thinking malt vinegar, the stuff us Brits love to put on our fish and chips :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That may work. I have no idea to be honest. Now I'm thinking about food lol. British food to boot. Have a nice restaurant/pub called the Londoner, a british man owns it. Makes and awesome shepards pie, bangers and mash is spectacular too. Yep I'm hungry now.

Roo Bot

Portland, Oregon
Lemon juice might also work... Or a mixture of water, baking soda and lemon juice. For bird poo, I've used 3 cups hot water, 3 tablespoons baking soda and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a squirt bottle. (You could make a smaller batch.)

I usually use white vinegar on a washcloth that I allow to sit over the stain for a few minutes, but sometimes it is nice to have a vinegar smell vacation. White vinegar seems to work a lot better than apple cider. Good luck!