CL ad for a Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
Hi! I was wondering if this tortoise looks a little off. I know their care isn't great, but I don't think it was too bad considering it came from PetCo. Here is the ad with a picture.

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/pet/3953235263.html

I have emailed about it and will attach the email sent back to me shortly.

Here is the response:

Although I've received several emails about him, I still have him at the moment. His name is Morris. My son bought him for $80 from Petco when he was 5. We have owned him 8 years. Russian Tortoises are grazers and enjoy broad leaf plants. We usually feed him leaf lettuce or romaine lettuce - much more nutrients then iceberg lettuce and he doesn't like that as well. They like leaves and flowers, dandelions, some fruits and veggies, etc. Our aquarium also has a screen lid. Not sure on the aquarium size, but it's a pretty good size and worth the fee on it's own. I also have two heating pads for the bottom of the acquarium that are included. We use an ultraviolet bulb just in a desk lamp on top of his aquarium, but we are keeping the lamp. If the bulb is still good, you can have that, too. We changed his bedding last night, so he's all fresh and ready to go. Feel free to give me a call or text if you have more questions.
I'll forward you two more pictures.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The picture is blurry when I zoom in. It looks to me as though he has some MBD. Regardless, the price is good but ditch the supplies. He needs a good outdoor enclosure for real sunshine.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Team Gomberg said:
The picture is blurry when I zoom in. It looks to me as though he has some MBD. Regardless, the price is good but ditch the supplies. He needs a good outdoor enclosure for real sunshine.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

That was my thought. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to care for him long term, I could set up something temporary for a few weeks though.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am not seeing the MBD you two are. It is a nice looking tortoise and an awesome deal, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.